News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheap seam sealer

Started by toqwik, March 06, 2006, 10:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toqwik

What's good to use as a cheap seam sealer.  I put in new floors, trunk, hell everything and need alot of sealer.  Not going for a show resto, can any of the Home Depot type caulks be used? 

Troy

Not to sound rude, but why would you try to save money there? Good seam sealer is only about $8-10 per tube so you'd be saving what, $10-20 altogether? I'd rather not take the chance on water leakage myself.

Thread that may help:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6196.msg73808.html#msg73808

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

purple70rt

I buy mine at auto zone, like troy said it's about 8 dollars a tube and works great.

Drop Top

For less then $20.00 you can go to your local automotive paint suply store and buy a qt. of 3M's brushable seam sealer (witch is what the factory used). When your done with your car, you will still have some left over. One thing to remember the factory did everthing as cheap as posable. Sometimes its best to do it like the factory did it. Look how long the origanl lasted.

toqwik

Will the factory type seal the seams as well as the modern stuff?

Drop Top

Just as well and much easier to use. You have to make sure the surface is clean with it. But then, with the other stuff you have to do the same.