News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68/69 grille interchangeability

Started by miamivice, January 17, 2006, 11:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamivice

Alright, wasn't sure where to post this, this seems like the right place.  I hope this makes sense....

If I've got a complete 1968 grille and the center plastic section off a 69 grille, can that one piece be swapped w/ the center 68 section so I can put it in my 69 RT.?    Couple of us were talking about it today and it seems like it wouldn't be a problem, but just want to confirm.   I know I will need to get all the metal trim chrome pieces from a 69 (which as far as I know, is all being reproduced now correct?).

Thanks   

lilwendal

The center section from the 69 will be a perfect swap into the 68 grille.  Your end "C" pieces are the same as well.  You will need to locate a drivers head light door from a 69 due to the badge location.  Or you can drill your 68 door to accomodate the relocation.  Unoticable from the front. Depends how correct you need to be.  One other idea if your on a budget.  You can cut down your two 68 long chrome into four short sections for the 69.  The contour is the same as long as you dont use the center area of the long 68 trim.  I've had 68 long trim totally mangled on one end and was able to at least salvage the other half for a 69 section.

8WHEELER

Quote from: lilwendal on January 18, 2006, 12:51:21 AM
The center section from the 69 will be a perfect swap into the 68 grille.  Your end "C" pieces are the same as well.  You will need to locate a drivers head light door from a 69 due to the badge location.  Or you can drill your 68 door to accomodate the relocation.  Unoticable from the front. Depends how correct you need to be.  One other idea if your on a budget.  You can cut down your two 68 long chrome into four short sections for the 69.  The contour is the same as long as you dont use the center area of the long 68 trim.  I've had 68 long trim totally mangled on one end and was able to at least salvage the other half for a 69 section.

:iagree:  The center sections have the same bolt patterns, so yes you put a 69 center section in, and new chrome pieces
for that show car look, or pay about the same for the originals to be redone your choice.
Have not heard of cutting down the long 68 trim pieces, but I can't see any reason why not, and you can
save some money there so why not.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

miamivice

thanks guys, thats just the info i was looking for