News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rebuilt stock 904 - manual valve body?

Started by GoodysGotaCUDA, January 22, 2006, 03:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodysGotaCUDA

I have a stock rebuilt 904. I'd like to get a manual valve body for it. It has a 3000rpm stall, low gear set in the trans, and 3.91s. Does anyone foresee and issues with putting a manual valve body in a stock rebuilt 904? It would be a low band apply vb.

Also are there any things you 'cant' do as far as shifting with one? I heard that you cant downshift (say 3-2) and let the motor slow the car. Not that i do this, but on occasion in hard braking ive had to downshift to help slow up...So is there anything i should be aware about?

Thanks!  :devil:

deathcharger71

nobody has answered yet so im gonna ask my question too and get this topic back to the top  :icon_smile_big: so heres my situation...ive decided against the 727 because it doesnt bolt right up like i orginally thought, and lets face it i dont have a 440 ground pounder so a built up 727 might be overkill for me. so my choices are 904 and A-999....a shop near here has an A-999 and quoted me at 800 bucks to rebuild it and install it, plus another 160 for reverse manual valve body. or i could save eve more money and rebuild my 904, my question is what can i do to it to make it tougher since i will be abusing it? or is the 904 just crap and i should got with the A-999? i will be running a 3000 stall, 380-400 hp 360 and i like doing burn outs  :D

deathcharger71

do 904 shift kits and valve bodys work on the A-999?