News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So,i was putting the engine back in my belvedere,and the cops show up

Started by kokxville, March 26, 2012, 01:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Today was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and 68 degrees outside,so i decided to go work in the garage.
This afternoon i was putting my rebuild engine back in my 66 belvedere,when suddenly the cops came by and stopped.
I thougt "what did i do wrong this time",but after a few seconds i knew the want to see my car.So we talked about it,and they were very nice to me.Then i showed the my 69 R/T and they went speechless.They even took a few pictures from it and said that it's an awesome car.
I said,keep the pics personal,and dont use them to put them in your database,please.They said no,i have to show these to my 10 year old son,and  as soon as it's finished,they want to go for a ride with me. :cheers:

Good day today  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cavemanno1

How did they know you have a belvedere?Could they see it from the street?I don't think i want the fuzzies around me any more then it's necessary :shruggy:

Kern Dog

Right after I painted my Charger, I was waiting for the wheels to arrive. They finally got to my house and I was excited to get them on the car! I swapped out the ugly steelies and mounted the new wheels up, then went for a drive to see how the car "felt" with updated rollers. A cop got behind me on a straight stretch of road, but maintained a few car lengths back. I'd peeled out a bit back there, but wasn't sire if the "Man" knew about it. I pulled over before he could red light me.
He just wanted to look at the C A R !! We talked for about 20 minutes.. He was building a '60 Chevy panel truck. Pretty cool to see a lawman interested in something other than my signature on his ticket book.

I've been pulled over for a similar thing, cops just wanting a look.

He did a quick walk around the truck with his flash light and got to my window, shined his light in the window at everything. By this point I was expecting him to ask me out and search the vehicle but he says nice truck. Of all the things he could have got me for he proceedes to say my license plate light shines backward and sends me on my way.

A383Wing

we got pulled over in Canada years ago in the Daytona..cop just wanted to look at car.....they were really nice about it....

Bryan

Cooter

:2thumbs: Yep, been pulled in the GL so the cop could take pics of him pulling over the "Duke Boys"...Some cops are car guys too.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kokxville

Quote from: cavemanno1 on March 26, 2012, 01:44:42 PM
How did they know you have a belvedere?Could they see it from the street?I don't think i want the fuzzies around me any more then it's necessary :shruggy:
I hear ya.The belvedere's ass was outside the garage because the lack of space,so everyone could see it.
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

model maker

your licence plate shines backwards ??  Maybe having the charger in their database would be very helpful IF it were ever stolen, the cops could print out pictures to put in all the cruisers & hand out to the highway patrol.
MODEL MAKER

FJ5WING

Quote from: model maker on March 27, 2012, 01:44:50 PM
your licence plate shines backwards ??  Maybe having the charger in their database would be very helpful IF it were ever stolen, the cops could print out pictures to put in all the cruisers & hand out to the highway patrol.

:smilielol: you watch way too much TV. The cops dont give a rats ass about any "OLD" car that got stolen.
wingless now, but still around.

model maker

if the cop is a car guy  a stolen muscle car could piss him off, especially if he also owns one at risk, but i also think you have a good point as well.
MODEL MAKER