News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bad carb

Started by deathcharger71, January 23, 2006, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

:icon_smile_angry: i bought a rebuild 750 double pumper from a seller on ebay who sells a lot of carbs and has very good feedback. well i installed it today and found gasoline shooting out of the back of it and hitting my firewall and a puddle of gas on my intake. all my connections were fine. im REALLY pissed because i paid an extra 20 bucks to have them test it on an engine to check for any problems....it would appear as if they took my 20 bucks and never checked it. i could probabely fix it myself but who knows what other problems it has so im gonna try to send it back....

deathcharger71

well it looks like i pretty much got screwed so im gonna have to stick with my 650 and re-jet it. what jets do you all suggest for a holley 650 douple pumper on a 360, isky cam 2200-6200 power band .490 lift, ported heads, orange box, rpm air gap intake with 2'' open spacer, 3000 stall and 4.10 gears....right now it boggs off the line if i give it too much gas and cuts out at 5000 rpm, so im almost positive its running lean. im extremely dissapointed about the 750 carb, someone make me feel better and tell me with the right jets a 650 will work wonders haha

deathcharger71

from what i found a stock 650 double pumper either has 67 or 71 in the front and 73 or 76 in the rear, so im think i could go to 73 in the front and 78 in the rear? maybe too much? btw im at sea level.

Duey

Wouldn't it be the power valve and secondary cam that need adjustment, not your jets?  Jets will fix an over-rich or over-lean condition but the power valve adjusts how much fuel is dumped into the primary and secondaries and the cam affects how fast it goes in...  Never messed with a holley DP but I will when I get my Pro-form 850 in a couple of months...

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

deathcharger71

im a bit confused on how to read a spark plug...i took mine out and the very tip is very white, but the rest is dark. does this mean im running lean or rick?

Charger_Fan

To me, the plug looks a little lean...but wait for other opinions. I'm not sure which jetting combo you will need, but a 650 on a 360 engine should be plenty of carb, I would think.
What altitude are you at?
The squirting gas thing with the other carb is probably a fuel feed line not sealing right, or a leaky float bowl gasket...shouldn't be a major problem to fix.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)