News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cigar lighter fuse, only shows power on one side, what does it mean?

Started by WH23G3G, May 03, 2012, 09:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm trying to see if I can get everything working properly on this 65 Valiant to see if something is related to why it won't start with the key. So if I can get all the accessories working I'll see if anything changes. The radio didn't work so I took it out and put a delete plate over it because it shouldnt have come with one anyway. The variable wipers only move without the arms on once you put the arms on it freezes up. The heater works, the lights work too. That's all it has.  So with the lighter pushed in I checked the cigar lighter fuse to see if it was showing power. On one side it did and the other it didn't. The lighter didn't get hot and didn't pop out. I took it out and cleaned all the parts up on the heating element and push knob. What does that mean? Just a bad lighter?

Chryco Psycho

I agree , the glass fuse can look good but not have continuity , replace the fuse