News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOS Daytona Brake Hoses

Started by 69hemidaytona, May 18, 2012, 03:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

I finally found a pair of NOS properly date coded front brake hoses for my Daytona. Each one has the part number tag taped to the rubber. My question is when a car left the assembly plant were those tags on the hoses, or are those tags only on the replacement parts? Roger Gibson , who is restoring my car, doesn't think the tags were on brake hoses on new cars. However it is possible that the original cars he has seen may have had the tags fall off. Anybody know for sure?...Thanks

Mopar John

Tony,
I see that there hasn't been any response to your question.  I have two places for you to look and maybe find some help. First off I would try and contact the owner of the 304 mile Daytona that was lime green fromerly owned by Elmer Dulleman of Fountain City, Wisconsin. I would find out if the tags are still there? Second I would look for some of those factory assembly line pictures and zero in on the front brake hoses and see if you spot the tags! If it was me I would leave the tags on just because no one else has them!
  I was docked a point at the Nats for leaving an original Goodyear sticker on my Daytona spare! I could have spun the tire around where it couldn't be seen for the judging but it was one of the most talked about items in the trunk! I can't tell you how many folks pointed to the "original" spare tire!
MJ

gtx6970

my gutt says no tags on factory assembly line parts

1966hemi

Same here, I don't recall seeing those labels attached to factory brake hoses, the replacements...yes, but not the factory issued parts.

maxwellwedge

None on any of my low mileage cars. I have found paper tags on an engine and on an e-brake cable. Common on over the counter parts. I say go with what Roger said.

69hemidaytona

Thanks guys. I was 99% sure Roger was right but I wanted to know for sure before removing the tags. It's kind of like getting a haircut. Once they are gone it's hard to reattach them!

Aero426

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on May 24, 2012, 12:34:43 PM
Thanks guys. I was 99% sure Roger was right but I wanted to know for sure before removing the tags. It's kind of like getting a haircut. Once they are gone it's hard to reattach them!

Hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.   :smilielol: