News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Distrubutor weight springs

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, October 28, 2013, 03:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Who sells them?     :dunno:

Thanks!   :2thumbs:

resq302

You can usually get them from any speed shop or Summit or Jegs.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

sdconcepts

I just use the chevy springs which are available everywhere.  I tend to use the stock light one out of the distributor and one of the heavy chevy ones out of the hei recurve kit.  puts the advance all in right around 2100rpm if everything is moving freely in the distributor.

66FBCharger

Are there any kind of ratings on the springs (# rating, etc.) to differentiate distrubutor weight springs?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

sdconcepts

the springs are different colors in the chevy kit, and the mopar springs in the distributor you can easily tell them apart.  the heavy one will have a thick wire and an elongated hoop on one end.

69wannabe

What kind of distributor do you have?? If you have a newer model mopar performance distributor it is made by mallory and mallory has a nice advance curve kit part #29014. I bought my kit at summit racing. When I say newer I thing mallory started building mopar distributors around 03 or 04. So if it is newer than that the mallory kit will work!! :icon_smile_big:

Mytur Binsdirti

fy469rtse

Everyone mark, saw your car on classic resto's over here , beautiful just stunning,
Nice job , enjoyed watching your thread on build