News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona undercoating - fender wells

Started by Daytona Guy, August 10, 2012, 12:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

My Blue Daytona -

This car has undercoating from the dealer I guess, but the way it was done there could not have been an exhaust system or drive shaft installed – this undercoating looks more like a factory deal (but I did not know if that was a factory option). It is well done and has kept this car rust free (completely). I do not want it removed because of the sound deadening qualities, and I'm not going to invest that much time and money having it removed. I have cleaned it thoroughly and it looks really good. I painted over it like we do the coating in the trunk – which I think looks good. I know it's not the most desirable thing to do, but after painting it, it really does look good to me. So tell me, did I make a mistake?

Also, do I blackout my fender well's or leave them blue?

Dane

Mytur Binsdirti

OK, which one is you?   :shruggy:

BTW, don't paint the fenderwells blue.  :Twocents:

Dave Kanofsky

Dane -

As far as I'm concerned, you are the clone master, what you say goes.

My opinion is that you did the right thing with the undercoat, clean it and paint it - leaving it there to protect from rust and for it's sound properties.

As for the wheelweels, I'd paint 'em black.

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

BigBlockSam

QuoteMy opinion is that you did the right thing with the undercoat, clean it and paint it - leaving it there to protect from rust and for it's sound properties.As for the wheelweels, I'd paint 'em black.

:yesnod:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

WINGIN IT

Cleaning and keeping the factory undercoating  :2thumbs:

Painting it blue - not my tastes, if anything I would have done it in a low gloss black, but hey it's your car.

Would definitely blacken the fenderwells.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 10, 2012, 06:12:23 AM
OK, which one is you?   :shruggy:

BTW, don't paint the fender wells blue.  :Twocents:

Ha ha - That was exactly my joke to my wife when I finished painting it - I looked like a blue man.  

Also - I realized this has to be factory undercoating becuase of the Trany area. I thought about doing this with a hammered look - so I might be not making the right choice - but I do like the clean look it has - like the trunk has.   

Dane