News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front-End Height Adjustment

Started by ChargerRob, January 24, 2006, 03:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRob

When my car sits on a level surface, the right front fender/wheel well sits about 1" higher than the left front. Is this adjustable? How hard will it be to lower just the right side 1"? Thanks, Robert
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

John_Kunkel

Couldn't be easier. Assuming that all of the other body measuring points are also uneven, the torsion bars can be adjusted to level the car.
The adjuster is a 3/4" hex bolt up inside each lower control arm. Turn clockwise to raise the car, counterclockwise to lower it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Charger_Fan

In addition to what John said, it's also a good idea to jack it up & get the weight off beforehand, so you don't strip out any threads on your adjuster bolts.
Loosening isn't too much of a worry, but tightening (raising) can possibly cause problems.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

myk

Well, if enough of a change is made, wouldn't the wheel alignment be changed?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Yes and if you take it to an alignment shop after, try and make sure they are familiar with old Mopars and make sure they understand that you have altered the ride height and want it kept that way.

4402tuff4u

I would spray liquid wrench or equal lubricant on adjusting bolt before you go at it and jacking car up to get the weight off it is a good idea. Makesure the jack stands are set properly and have some with you when you are doing it. It's good safety practice.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ChargerRob

Thanks for the info guys, I may try it this weekend. How about a picture of the adjuster on the control arm so that I dont adjust something else. ;D
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Ghoste

Just look into the bottom of the control arm for the big bolt, I don't think you can miss it.

68ChargerJMP

deputycrawford

I just want to tell everyone to remember that jack stand safety saves lives. You can probably tell what I do for a living from my screen name. I was just on the scene of an accidental death a few days ago. He was VERY well known for owning multiple junk yards. He had a Ford Probe hanging in the air from a chain attached to an engine bracket and another to the front bumper. The vehicle was hanging from a boom of a tow truck. The man was sitting on the ground with his legs in front of him, while using a cutting torch. The bumper chain slipped causing the engine bracket to fail and the vehicle came down on him, folding him in half, causing positional asphyxia. The yard was very muddy. His face was planted in the mud. That didn't help either. The Ford did him in. I don't mean to sour the mood but we all need to be reminded once in awhile to not get lazy while working on our cars. This hobby should not kill us. Please be careful.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: deputycrawford on January 31, 2006, 06:03:37 PM
I just want to tell everyone to remember that jack stand safety saves lives. You can probably tell what I do for a living from my screen name. I was just on the scene of an accidental death a few days ago. He was VERY well known for owning multiple junk yards. He had a Ford Probe hanging in the air from a chain attached to an engine bracket and another to the front bumper. The vehicle was hanging from a boom of a tow truck. The man was sitting on the ground with his legs in front of him, while using a cutting torch. The bumper chain slipped causing the engine bracket to fail and the vehicle came down on him, folding him in half, causing positional asphyxia. The yard was very muddy. His face was planted in the mud. That didn't help either. The Ford did him in. I don't mean to sour the mood but we all need to be reminded once in awhile to not get lazy while working on our cars. This hobby should not kill us. Please be careful.
Sounds like he took pointers from this guy... :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

haueter66

DeputyCrawford, where did that happen at?

deputycrawford

This happened in Toledo, Ohio area. It was a sad thing because I have known the family for over 15 years.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

haueter66

I thought that was in Ohio.  Where are you a deputy at?  I am a Deputy in Stark County.  Canton area, Hall of fame, etc.  Small world!

deputycrawford

Hey, one of my 1969 Ohio license plate sets came from Stark County. I am a deputy in Lucas County. Toledo, Ohio is the county seat. I was way to close to the Super Bowl this weekend. I had drunks from Pittsburg her all weekend causing problems..lol    I may have even walked past you at the Nationals.......I only pulled one burn out and I didn't get caught..shhhhh   don't tell anyone.

Ghoste

They give you a "get of out of jail free" card anyway don't they? :icon_smile_big:

Hey Haueter, are you close to Spencer?

haueter66

deputycrawford

I dont know about haueter66 but people mention my name around here and get into more trouble..lol  I do keep my racing to Milan Dragway though.

haueter66

Thats cool!  It never ceases to amaze me how small the world really is.