News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HO tracks and yes, I went of the deep end.

Started by cudaken, January 29, 2006, 11:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Yep, just like Mopar and Audiophile gear I went of the deep end badly and I like it. While I have been away I have been learning about many things. Like how to wire power strips to balances the power around the track, computer timing systems that I will need some help on. Seems I need a printer parrel port and the lap top is all usb port's.

I have made a local HO racing buddy and he gave me a lot of Tyco track, he uses AFX track. On the cars.

Thunder Jets  T-J's and Johnny Lighting (morden version of the T-jets). If you like sliding and taking a nap during the lap it's the car for you. But great detail on the ture HO 1:78 scale body.

Tyco 440 X 2's. With good tires and stock motor still a 440 to look out for. I love them more for the name than nothing else.

AFX G+, I have one so far and want to talk about being up Mopar creek with out a paddel! My 440's will pull it neck off and chevy down it neck.

AFX SRT, great car! Runs like a little bat out of heck and conners like it's glued to the rails. Parts are not hard to get. I would give it a 8 out of 10.

Tomy Super G +. Runs like a big bat out of hell! But there is a prices to be paid. On turns, no D. U. I. allowed. ;D Need to watch what you are doing, on a short track or one with lots of turns the AFX SRT just might clean your clock.

Life Like M Chassis. Guess that is the reason LL has a bad name. Mine was a Boss Mustang (soory no Mopar's to be had). Handel like Chevy, Rustang body sat like fram rail rusted in 1/2. After a little playing with it found the wheels where out of round!  Stuck on some 440 X 2 wheels, dumped the heat shell and used a NASCAR body and did well. Would give my 440 X 2's a good races.

Life Like T Chassis, sold as "Super Trackers". My G-D talk about a Super G+ eater! Big problem is there body, way to high center of gravity. If LL gets them down low where they should be look out Tomy they are going to get you. Later if people are intrested I will post a link of a stock T chassis with a slamed NASCAR body on a 74 foot track. RVD from the other site best time is 5.45 sconds per lap!

My track has gotton bigger. Track is now 16 foot long and still growing.
I am back

bull

Welcome back. i was starting to wonder if you needed intervention. :icon_smile_big:

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cudaken

As of now I still have 20 feet of straights to lay and more board! In the last PIC there is 107 feet of track down. I have also learned to repair shoes with silver solder, a must with the number of laps I run a
day.

A few links.

http://www.hoslotcarracing.com/index.html

http://www.ho-slotcars.com/

http://www.americanmusclecars.org/musclecars/index2.htm  Fun Game, to bad it is a FORD.

http://www.scaleracers.com/FrontRangeHO/defaultVideo.asp This is a must see even if you do not care about HO cars! Look at all the videos. God I thought I was looked, they are installing cameras in HO cars? Great editing and music is pretty darn good as well.
I am back

cudaken

PIC of the car's. That will end this on a said note. First PIC is on a Wing Warror meet at the Cuda Ken track. There was all so a Indy car races being held the same day. During the prade lap a Indy car came on to the track to make a time run. I could not stand being passed and went at it with the Indy car! Have it hell on the short shuts and turns but at last I was geared to low on the back straight. :-\
I am back

cudaken

Well whats a blowen 440 anyway? Seems that I have gotton uses to them. Order up a 528 Hemi from Ray Burton and hit the road again.

Was racing the Greenbier tack in Collinsville IL agint the current points leader (not kidding). I was racing on him on his home track. He was running a wide body car that would rub me in a turn. On the straights I could pass him, but turns where close. I was making a move on a short shut but did not make it. He rubbed the nose and I went into a cart wheel and over the retaining wall! Worst part is neither him or I could find all the parts. :-\

Funny but that little Daytona meant a lot to me. I bought it when I did not have a HO track and I was 24! But, it will be winged again.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

Few more.
I am back

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

greenpigs

Quoteis that an australian charger?

Looks like a 70 Mustang Boss 302\429 to me.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

andy74

neat winter time hobby ken,when the real stuff is put away for the winter nap

Old Moparz

Cool, I like it.  :coolgleamA:

Except for the Daytona carnage.  :rotz:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

The Ghoul

id mock you but I admit Im a hobby shop dork my self... my down fall is model cars. here is some of the mopar muscle Ive done so far.

The Ghoul

forgot to mention I used to work at a local hobby shop and I just have a fiew tips.
first get your self some green indoor out door carpeting and put it down on the plywood. It will keep the dust down.
get some bisqueen, pool table cover, or shower curten to put over the track when your not using it (also dust prevetion).
get some tinny nails and nail down the track once your all set up (even though they lock together they do shift appart after a while).
and lastly if you have any little kids make sure to give em some bent metal coat hanger to get the cars when they go off the track out of reach (keeps them from crawling on the table.)
looks like you got a great start..

Brock Samson

41husk

Cudaeh, I have those same prints got a set of them years ago from my local dealer.  I framed most of them and have them hanging at the Mopad.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Wakko

Ken, whats with the wires comin out of the car?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

BigBlockSam

very cool guys. i wish i was closer to you. i miss racing my slots . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The Ghoul

Quote from: Wakko on February 01, 2006, 10:52:00 AM
Ken, whats with the wires comin out of the car?
thouse are to hook the power line by the clock tower when lightning strikes!!
yeah the plan is to build a car after every print then fraim them around the house with the cars under them in cases... thats when i get my 5 million doller house... im just $4,999,975 away  :icon_smile_tongue: