News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ARE SUPERBIRD AND DAYTONA HEADLIGHT BUCKETS THE SAME??

Started by Mopar John, December 03, 2012, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

I am sorting through some parts I received recently from a friend and am wondering if the Superbird headlight buckets and those for a Daytona are the same? The parts books show the same part number for the end plates but 2 differant part numbers for the bucket? Has anyone had first hand experience in trying to use one in the other?
Thanks! John

DAY CLONA

The buckets, pivots, cams, etc are the same between the two models, the only difference I've seen between Bird and Tona light systems, is in regards to the fiberglass outer headlite door, the Superbird fiberglass door is shaped slightly different around the headlights themselves, perhaps it's a vendor thing?  or a change in the mold for a easier release, (They are a bitch to lay up and pull DAMHIK :icon_smile_big:) but the outer doors interchange between the two cones

mike

Mopar John

Mike,
Your response is exactly what I was trying to find out! The part numbers are the same on everything except the buckets but they look the same to me also! Thanks for taking the time to respond and explain.
John

odcics2

Having had them side by side, in my case, the bird parts looked more robust in some areas.  Like running changes...
If I remember, it was the metal bracket that the doors are attached to by the rivets.

Maybe others will chime in...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?