News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Charger is gonna be in the paper.........UPDATE!

Started by Charger4404spd, August 03, 2005, 01:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Thanks to Chris (6T9), my Charger will be in the Friday edition of the Chattanooga Free Press. I sent them a few pics and had a telephone interview today. She just had to ask what I thought of the NEW Charger :icon_smile_big:
Cant wait to see if that part is actually printed :icon_smile_big:
Anyway, seems everyone wants to know about the mighty Charger now that the new DOH will be out soon.

Chris, read your comment online in todays USA Today, no pic of your car though, did they print a pic for the paper?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2005-08-02-dukes-car_x.htm

Chattanooga Free Press     http://www.timesfreepress.com/

Charger_Fan

Geez, it's a Charger epidemic! SWEET! :icon_smile_big:

Oh & congrats, Man. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

Cool beans dude!!   Nah no pic just my name.   happy to oblige
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_se_ron

Congrats, Tennessee buddy!

He's baddd, he's nationwide   8)
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

Daytona Guy

Awesome - I love your car. Sweet. Way to represent us.

694spdRT

Congrats! :thumbs:

Make sure you send in a close up of the grill....I know you have a lot of time in it. :icon_smile:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger4404spd

I sent them several pics. Not sure which one(s) they will use. Im not sure what all the hype is about the new DOH movie, but its all over the tv and in magazines. Guess its blondie's legs :icon_smile_big:

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Charger4404spd

Well heres the story. Go to the LIFE section. The editor used Mr. Hullender's quote on the "Family car". I guess my comment on the new Charger wasnt oppropriate for the paper :icon_smile_big:

If anyone gets that paper, let me know if there are any pics printed.

Dodge Chargers back in spotlight thanks to‘Dukes’
By Carrie Hargett Staff Writer

Movie critics agree, the real star of the new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie in theaters today isn’t Jessica Simpson or Johnny Knoxville.
   The real star is a 1969 Dodge Charger named the General Lee, which spends almost as much time airborne as burning rubber in the movie.
   Interest in the film, an adaptation of the popular 1979-1985 television series, has centered around the muscle car. The New York Times has reported that about 30 Dodge Chargers were used in the movie, but only seven of them survived the turbulence.
   Steve Sartain of Morristown, Tenn., has spent the last three years rebuilding a 1969 Dodge Charger much like the one in the movie. Mr. Sartain, 38, said he has had a passion for cars since he was 12 years old. His first car was a 1969 Charger that he bought when he was 15 years old, he said.
   "The first one (Charger) I got, I bought wrecked off of my uncle," said Mr. Sartain. "The Charger was my first love, and it drew me back to wanting another one."
   He said he grew up watching "The Dukes of Hazzard" and was even tagged with the nickname "Bo Duke," the fictional owner of the General Lee in the television series.
   "I sold my first one (Charger ) because everyone was like, ‘That is "The Dukes of Hazzard" car’; then calling me, Bo Duke," he said.
   Jeff Hullender, a sales representative for Ringgold Chrysler Dodge Jeep, grew up watching the television show, too.
   "I was 10 years old when the TV show came out, and I watched it every week," said Mr. Hullender.
   Dodge recently rereleased the Charger. However, the 2006 Charger is much different from the original muscle car. It is now considered more of a fourdoor, family car, Mr. Hullender said.
   "The biggest similarity is the engine because they both have Hemi V8 engines," Mr. Hullender said. "The new Charger is more of a sophisticated, performance car."
   Mr. Hullender said he will always be fond of the older style because he grew up with that car. However, he said that the new car is of better quality.
   Although the Chargers were released a few months ago, the Ringgold, Ga., dealership has none available at the moment, Mr. Hullender said.
   "The Charger has done well," he said. "We have sold out of them."
   Mr. Sartain said finding a 1969 Charger has become difficult, especially in the South. He said he had to take a threeday trip to Fargo, N.D., to purchase his car.
   "When I found this one, the price was very high, and I paid a lot of money for it to be carried back in boxes, gutted (into pieces)," he said.
   Mr. Sartain said he believes that the new movie will raise the price of the older Chargers. He already has made plans to see the movie.

TeeWJay426

Quote from: Charger4404spd on August 05, 2005, 06:30:12 AM
I guess my comment on the new Charger wasnt oppropriate for the paper :icon_smile_big:

Inquiring minds want to know.....OK, maybe just me..... what exactly DID you say about the Creeder to them??? ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

BrianShaughnessy

COOL BEANS MAN..   No pics in the online version at least - bummer.    Congrats on the article.  :icon_smile:

Anyway... so was the reporter chick hot or what?  ;D
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

694spdRT

Congratulations!

Now we have two celebrities being qouted in print.   :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

RD

what exactly did you say about the creedermobile?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger4404spd

OK, my comment on the new POS was that Chrysler has embarrassed most Charger owners by slapping its good name on basic 4 door family sedan. I also said Chrysler ruined the "Hemi" legend by dropping it in every vehicle they make, including the Jeep.

Brian, she did sound hot over the phone, but you never know right? Remember when those dudes admitted to working for a 900 number and talking like women. Ewww!

Charger_Fan

QuoteAlthough the Chargers were released a few months ago, the Ringgold, Ga., dealership has none available at the moment, Mr. Hullender said.
   "The Charger has done well," he said. "We have sold out of them."
They probably only ordered 3. ::)

Cool Man, enjoy your fame! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger4404spd

Thanks guys...........Oh, forgot to mention this...............the reporter did ask if there was a place all the Charger addicts gather. I told her we had an old site with 11,000 + members, but we have now got a new site and the name would probably be www.dodgecharger.com or www.classiccharger.com. I wished she would have printed that.

69_se_ron

Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Gilbert Charger

OH I KNOW YOU'VE GOT THE BIG HEAD NOW!!!

CONGRADULATIONS,MY FRIEND,YOU DESERVE IT,I think,hehe