News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where the hell is Spring rant......

Started by 1970Moparmann, March 21, 2013, 08:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Ram 07 where is that, since you are one that does not like to list a State ?

Ram07

Great White North....Northern Ont, Canada, about 500 miles North of Toronto....

What a difference from a year ago....

NHCharger

As far as I'm concerned, the weather runs in cycles. Last winter, hardly any snow, no frost in the ground, was driving my Charger the last weekend of winter since there was no salt on the roads. Year before we got hammered with snow. Today after work I went cross country skiing from my back door, not a bad view, this is about 1/2 mile behind my house.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ram07

nice pic...been a really bad winter this year in my parts....lots of snow, very cold...about 6 weeks of -40c(hitting the -50s with the windchill)...too cold for skiing...too cold to salt the roads...they were just sanding them!

Although, guys like my sons are loving it...hardcore snowmobile guys...

Mytur Binsdirti

Pics from today in NH.  :boogie:

J.Bond

What!!!!!!

No turbin mounted GO PRO action footage!!!!!!!

:nana:

ACUDANUT

Daytona R/T SE

We're supposed to get anywhere from 6-12" here today and into tonight. :scratchchin:

Might just have to skip work tomorrow... :coolgleamA:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 24, 2013, 10:00:24 AM
12 inches of snow today. Love it.

This has been the craziest winter here; December & January were warmer than normal, but then the snow storms started hitting us hard in early February & are still continuing right through this month. Unfortunately, the lakes didn't freeze thoroughly until mid-February, which prevented me from getting out on the machines for the better part of the season (there's a major benefit of parking them in the garage & staying in my place vs trailering them for hours & staying in a hotel). The cycle we've been in since February has had us getting hammered with snow & then it melts right away. NH got his with a foot of snow last Tuesday & fortunately for me, it stuck around forthe weekend.....for a change.

March 23 is now the latest in the season that I've gone ever sledding. Generally, the lakes start getting soft around the 1st or 2nd weekend in March. "Ice out" on the lake occurs in mid-April, but unless we get a major temp increase, that date won't happen.

That all being said, I'm ready for some nice spring weather & for the snow to finally go away.

NHCharger

It seems to me that the seasons have shifted a bit. when I was a kid I remember playing pond hockey right after Thanksgiving. Now we're lucky if the ponds freeze over by Christmas.
The late winter snow really bites. I plow a 1/2 mile gravel road, two neighbors and my large yard. With the frost out of the top 3-4 inches it makes plowing difficult, the plow will catch a soft spot and dig in, lots of road repairs to do this Spring. Also makes x country skiing difficult with the sticky snow. I prefer skiing when it's 10º-20º. Snow is fast and I don't sweat as much. A few weeks ago I went out during a windy snow storm. The wind chill was -20º. I asked the wife if she wanted to go. Her reply "Are you insane"  :lol: :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ODZKing

No, this isn't some weeks ago, today April 2, 2013.
This is what I woke up to.  And still snowing.  By 8:00am it was snowing AND the sun was out.
It's kind of like having a big smile on your face while your farting!  :eek2:

ODZKing

No, this isn't some weeks ago, today April 2, 2013.
This is what I woke up to.  And still snowing.  By 8:00am it was snowing AND the sun was out.
It's kind of like having a big smile on your face while your farting!  :eek2:

Mytur Binsdirti

I saw a few flakes fall here a little while ago, but that's it.

4cruzin

I hope this nightmare ends soon and spring does show up.  Old man winter was in good shape this year and is hanging on to life here in Michigan far longer than normal . . . .  :rotz:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

71ChallengeHer

FC7 V code

We are 2-2 so far this April in Upper Michigan....Snow on the 1st(couple inches, high temp 27) and snow on the 2nd(3-4 inches, high temp 28). At the rate were going it may be gone by....ahh Fathers Day! :smilielol: :smilielol:
Seriously I drove in snow up here last Oct. 11th and I'm still driving on snow today. It been a looonnng slog and the words "cabin fever" have taken on new meaning. The last winter we had that stretched out like this was probably in the 90's. My Wife and Daughter who are off work/school on Spring Break are so impressed. I'm already hearing "NEXT YEAR WE NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE over spring break". Only plus side is our Siberian Husky pup is having the time of her life, so you can't say living here isn't fit for a dog. :icon_smile_big:
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

1970Moparmann

This past weekend it was actually nice here... Was able to work on the car for 4 hours and it felt GREAT!   Got lots to do, Fall is coming. :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Fred

Quote from: 4cruzin on April 02, 2013, 10:58:37 AM
I hope this nightmare ends soon and spring does show up.  Old man winter was in good shape this year and is hanging on to life here in Michigan far longer than normal . . . .  :rotz:

We had an extra month of summer this year but I've got to say I'll take it any time over an extra month of winter. (a white winter that is)

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ACUDANUT

Fred

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 02, 2013, 11:22:17 PM
Australia gets snow ?  :scratchchin:

Actually I was referring to America's winters but yes, we do get snow here in the southern states, namely N.S.W and Victoria. Not on our doorstep mind you although here where I live (in the hills) it does get cold enough on ocassion for it to snow but it never lasts for more than a day and it is rare.
If we want to partake in winter sports, we only have to drive 1 1/2 hours to the nearest snow fields for X country skiing and 2 hours for down hill skiing.
The best of both worlds really.
In my part of the world we do get our four seasons.

69finder

DUDES! One word for you, CANADA!

eh?  'nuff said.  You guys should enjoy the weather you have, it's like -4 deg Celcius and we're going dowwwn :(  THEN when it does warm up, it's going to rain and turn the ground to mud till mid May.  Que the mosquitos!!  And tada, it's August again.

Why do I live here?  :)

ACUDANUT

You Canadians need to join your neighbores and go to Fahrenheit.  What the heck is Celcius.  :RantExplode:

Fred

I know what he's talking about.   :icon_smile_big:

Ram07

-3c (27f)....it warmed up a lot since last night....was at -25c(-13f) again....it's rained, was warm, then it froze and it snowed....there is no spring this year!

Fred