News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yellow Daytona in Ont. Canada?

Started by 65post, March 24, 2013, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Talked Mopars with a gentleman in Alexandria Ont. yesterday and he was telling me about a yellow 4 gear Daytona that a 77 year old gent has that has been in his possession for years.NOT 4 sale and he is going to get around to fixing it some day.Anyone know the car?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Bobs69

2 hours from me.  I've never heard of it.  Surprising.

1970Moparmann

77 years old and the typical "NOT 4 sale and he is going to get around to fixing it some day".   I don't get it. :RantExplode:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Beep Beep Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Scaregrabber

Too busy dipping his girl to have time to fix the tona?

Sheldon

Fred

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 24, 2013, 01:46:41 PM
77 years old and the typical "NOT 4 sale and he is going to get around to fixing it some day".   I don't get it. :RantExplode:

Do you think he's running out of time?   Obviously he doesn't.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Montreal Wing Car

Could be 146441, it is very near there. Spoke with the owner, he does have a son who could take over he he does not have time. It is an SE, column shift with a buddy seat.

Ben

chargerman69

Man i wood love to have that, I live in Essex Ont, I will go 50k for it

Montreal Wing Car

Funny, that's exactly what I was offering 2 years ago and he would not budge...

Ben

Bobs69

I was once told that Alexandria had a larg mopar Community.  Is this so?

chargerman69

Yea i wood offer more or the money with my truck

maxwellwedge

Wow - How many Canadian SE's are there out there? This makes it 4 or 5 now.

moparstuart

It just needs the Dirty Mary Crazy larry stripe
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

65post

Quote from: Montreal Wing Car on March 25, 2013, 07:51:15 PM
Could be 146441, it is very near there. Spoke with the owner, he does have a son who could take over he he does not have time. It is an SE, column shift with a buddy seat.

Ben
I remember that one at the Place Bonaventure show in Montreal many years back.....I mentioned that one to the guy but he did not say that was the same car.He told me it was a 4 gear car and did not mention anything about it being an SE car.

GOTWING

at least it's under cover and out of the weather. :brickwall:

DC_1

Somebody filled in the nose cone to fender gap and eliminated the gasket

65post

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on March 26, 2013, 11:45:59 AM
Somebody filled in the nose cone to fender gap and eliminated the gasket
Lower pan got it to.

Montreal Wing Car

Quote from: GOTWING on March 26, 2013, 10:58:08 AM

Yes, 65Post, it is the car that was at Bonaventure a long while ago...

I was lucky to see it without the cover on the shelter frame, it had fallen apart some time before and he was about to replace it... Funny thing is that if you know where to look on Google Maps, you can see it as they happened to pass by when the cover was off!

Ben

69_500

Either you made a typo when you wrote 146441 or its not a Daytona but rather a C500.

Montreal Wing Car

Quote from: 69_500 on March 26, 2013, 04:12:27 PM
Either you made a typo when you wrote 146441 or its not a Daytona but rather a C500.

You are right, it is 414644, I misread it because of theay I file my pics...  :icon_smile_blackeye:
It is on the ''Canadian cars'' list as ''166 XX29L9B414644 Trois Rivieres Trois Rivieres Que. 610BX926318''
Ben

firefighter3931

That's real close to me....like a 25 minute drive.  :yesnod:

A buddy moved to the Shannonville area and saw a Daytona running around at local car cruises. Said it was in very nice shape. The Copper Daytona that burned up a few years ago in North Gower is undergoing a restoration and should be completed soon.

Seems that there are a few wing cars in eastern Ontario.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69_500

Quote from: Montreal Wing Car on March 26, 2013, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 26, 2013, 04:12:27 PM

You are right, it is 414644, I misread it because of theay I file my pics...  :icon_smile_blackeye:
It is on the ''Canadian cars'' list as ''166 XX29L9B414644 Trois Rivieres Trois Rivieres Que. 610BX926318''
Ben

No problem I was just curious. Because it would be in the range of 500's otherwise, but oddly enough it would not be close to any of the known C500's. And at a 146xxx I think it would have been an October build date, and I have yet to find a single C500 that was built in October.

A383Wing

looks to me that the quarter panel right behind the passenger door is a different shade of yellow compared to the door...and all the wheel well chrome is gone...makes one wonder if it was wrecked on passenger side extensively?

Bryan

65post

Quote from: Montreal Wing Car on March 26, 2013, 03:46:42 PM
Quote from: GOTWING on March 26, 2013, 10:58:08 AM

Yes, 65Post, it is the car that was at Bonaventure a long while ago...

I was lucky to see it without the cover on the shelter frame, it had fallen apart some time before and he was about to replace it... Funny thing is that if you know where to look on Google Maps, you can see it as they happened to pass by when the cover was off!

Ben
Ben Do you remember what year it was at Place Bonaventure? I am now 47 and I would have to say I was in my mid teens when I saw it at Place Bonaventure.Even at that age I can still remember the cars paint looking rough under those big lights.That was the first Daytona I ever saw.After that they just STUCK in my head.Finally in 87 my dream came true I got one of my own.

Montreal Wing Car

Sorry, my memory does not go that far, I'm a couple of years older than you! As far as the condition, that car ws driven regularely, probably in the Winter too, when it was new, so repairs must have been made all over the body over the years! The person I was trying to buy it for ws expecting to replace floors, rails, quarters, etc...

Ben