News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC/Heat Fan Switch Testing

Started by Calif240, April 07, 2013, 09:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Anyone have a good recommendation on how to test the fan switch for my '69 with AC? I've got the box apart and have successfully tested the vacuum pods and a few other areas. However, I'm trying to be sure all of my wiring and switches are still good... not sure of the best way to test the fan switch. Also, I was reading the article on mopar magazine about heater box re-build. It says that the box is fiberglass. Mine is metal. Was mine repaired at some point, or was this normal on the AC boxes?

Thanks...
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

C928BRAN

do you mean the one, that is square, and attaches directly to the box with 2 screws, or the one on the dash itself?

Calif240

I mean the fan switch on the right side of the AC control panel. It has a low, medium, and high setting. It has three wires, usually light green, dark green, and black or tan. It controls the speed of the fan.
Thanks
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

C928BRAN

I BELIEVE YOU CAN CHECK IT WITH AN OHM METER