News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Progress on the F6 Daytona

Started by 69HemiBee, April 15, 2013, 08:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69HemiBee

Just a quick catch up on what has transpired recently. Final primer.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

69HemiBee

Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

The owner is going to drive this one so I am doing what I call an OE driver. OE appearance with drivability and reliability in mind. Therefore I have come uop with a durable slightly dull clear to protect the dip/prime and overspray yet be easy to clean grime off from. Looks nice also.

69HemiBee

Floor got hit with F6 too. The Carlisle push is on. Going to be a back breaker but determine to pull it off.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  F6 my favorite  , is it a white interior and wing car  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Wow.  How much metal work did you have to do?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69HemiBee

Black interior/wing. There was more metal work than I care to remember.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69HemiBee on April 15, 2013, 09:17:02 PM
Black interior/wing. There was more metal work than I care to remember.
oh well i can dream   :icon_smile_big:

hemikev

amazing car ,  cant wait to see the progress on your car  . 

dyslexic teddybear

Davtona

Keep us updated!!. Looking good  :2thumbs: Black interior and black wing huh.  :scratchchin:  Where did this car appear from??? Is this the one that was being done over on Moparts???

nascarxx29

What at save great job continued success :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69HemiBee

Is this the one that was being done over on Moparts???

Yes it is. Hole in my foot Daytona in the projects section. I thought I would put a few updates here for those that are interested.  I am going to try to get final panel alignment done this weekend then paint in the very near future. One of the best parts of these jobs is seeing them back in their correct hue and looking good for the first time in decades.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69HemiBee on April 16, 2013, 08:00:45 AM

Yes it is. Hole in my foot Daytona in the projects section. I thought I would put a few updates here for those that are interested.  I am going to try to get final panel alignment done this weekend then paint in the very near future. One of the best parts of these jobs is seeing them back in their correct hue and looking good for the first time in decades.
great job , i do remember the car now    :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mopar John

Nice progress! I especially like " the OE appearance but drivable" on the under body paint!
Keep us updated as it comes together!
MJ

WINGIN IT

Quote from: moparstuart on April 16, 2013, 09:16:27 AM

great job , :2thumbs:
:iagree: Awesome job  :2thumbs: , one of my favorite Daytona colors  :drool5:

Here's the link at Moparts for those interested in looking at it from the beginning :

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6945995&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1&nt=5

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on April 16, 2013, 11:28:45 AM
Nice progress! I especially like " the OE appearance but drivable" on the under body paint!
Keep us updated as it comes together!
MJ
yes factory appearence with durable surfaces to drive it is awesome stuff

r4daytona

That looks great F6 and blue are my favorites ... next to R4 of course.  Looks great!!!

tan top

looks awesome  !! keep the pictures & up dates coming  :cheers: :drool5: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

DonC1

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Davtona

Yes it is. Hole in my foot Daytona in the projects section.

I wondered if that wasn't the car. I mean how many F-6 cars could be being done at once? Looking a lot better than the last time I checked on it on Moparts. Glad you posted it over here. Lot easier to find and keep track of in this forum. And yes you have probably done more sheetmetal work than you care to remember from what I recall it looked like when found. Have you worked on the nose repair? Beautiful more pics please.  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69HemiBee

Quote from: Davtona on April 16, 2013, 06:17:04 PM
Yes it is. Hole in my foot Daytona in the projects section.

I wondered if that wasn't the car. I mean how many F-6 cars could be being done at once? Looking a lot better than the last time I checked on it on Moparts. Glad you posted it over here. Lot easier to find and keep track of in this forum. And yes you have probably done more sheetmetal work than you care to remember from what I recall it looked like when found. Have you worked on the nose repair? Beautiful more pics please.  :2thumbs:
The beak is doing fine. Another simple matter of a million hours and a ton of stress.

JB400

Mytur Binsdirti

69HemiBee

In the last few weeks I got the inners done, door pillars, and front clip on. Coming along but going to be tight for a Carlisle debut.

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

Seeing this I got my second wind for the 48th time in the last year.

Mytur Binsdirti

Is that a new hood with a dent or an old hood with a dent?

69HemiBee

tan top

:drool5:  looking good !!  :2thumbs: :popcrn: awesome stuff  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

JB400

Looking good :2thumbs:

I might need to pop some more popcorn :popcrn:

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

tan top

Charger Stuff 

Stevearino

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

Last one for now. This was at 2:30 after an 18 hour day. Glad to know I can still hack days like this but the are limited from here on out. Too freaking old.....

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

JB400

Daytona Guy

WOW WOW WOW WOW - simply beautiful

Dane

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

Simply awesome.  Always loved that green..... :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

69HemiBee

Fiddled around with some new stuff to come up with a new, correct looking organsol balck out.

70Sbird

Holy Crap that looks AWESOME!!!!!
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Scott Faulkner

Mytur Binsdirti

69HemiBee

Quickest, easiest way to "mask" off uneven items and the aliens leave me alone.....sometimes.

69HemiBee

Engine run in. Note good carb. Love my TQ's.

69HemiBee

Springs changed over. Cleaned and primed.

69HemiBee

Sprayed with my correct engine enamel.

69HemiBee

Snugly back home. Next up. Electrical and exhaust.