News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for new rims, opinions wanted

Started by Dino, April 23, 2013, 12:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Dino on May 10, 2013, 12:41:10 PM
Nitto has the 295/45/18 in the NT555 series so that owuld be prefect...but guess what, they don't make this rim in an 18x9.5, they make an 18x9 and the machined lip is only half the width so no 18's for me.  I almost wish I never saw the damn wheels.

Well that sucks!   :eek2:  What about running a 255/45/17? that will fit the 9.5" rim and let you match the front tread pattern with the Nitto NT555s.  :shruggy:

Quote from: HPP on May 10, 2013, 01:35:22 PM
That works for now, but in another few years as more OEMs start dropping 18s for 20s, then this situation can repeat itself all over again. Granted I do not know that for sure, but I'm willing to bet that back in 1992, most of never throught we've be moving much beyond 17" on supercars and now 20" rims are common place. Where will it end, I have no friggin idea.

That's a scary thought. Hopefully the tire companies will still see the that there is still a demand for the tires in the 15"-18" range. The bigger problem is the 9" and above widths, it looks like most tire companies are phasing them out? But I don't see rims going bigger than 20" on higher end factory models and having 17's and 18's on standard models.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

71green go

Dino

Quote from: 71green go on May 15, 2013, 06:47:23 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn:  so what did we decide?

I did not think about this for a week so I could focus on the stuff around me a bit more. 

Since I have not changed my mind much I'm still going with the 17" MB wheels and I'll throw the 275/50 nt 450's on the rear and 245/45 555's on the front.  By the time the rears need replacing there may be another brand that makes a similar tire and if not then I'll have to go with a more common size.  There's only so much we can choose from.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

DC_1

I say go Donk......you know you want too!!!!    :D

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Dino

I just went to look at the 9.5 wide rims at Discount Tire and they're much nicer than the picture lets you to believe.  The machined lip is real wide, just what I wanted, and it's a medium polished alloy which I personally like more on a rim than chrome.  The spokes are perfect!  Old school look with a modern twist.  I'm way happy with these!  I went ahead and ordered the Nitto tires as well.  They're not expensive and nobody says I can't change them later!

I should have them on the car in a week or two so I'll keep you guys posted!

Brass

Looking forward to pictures - I considered those wheels at one time also. 

K9COP

Dino, I'm sorry, been out the loop. Do you still need a photoshop image done. Sorry I've been away, had family loss to deal with. PM if I can help now. Sorry again.

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on May 16, 2013, 03:29:49 PM
I just went to look at the 9.5 wide rims at Discount Tire and they're much nicer than the picture lets you to believe.  The machined lip is real wide, just what I wanted, and it's a medium polished alloy which I personally like more on a rim than chrome.  The spokes are perfect!  Old school look with a modern twist.  I'm way happy with these!  I went ahead and ordered the Nitto tires as well.  They're not expensive and nobody says I can't change them later!

I should have them on the car in a week or two so I'll keep you guys posted!

which ones did you go with?  rim wise?

Dino

Quote from: CaymanSublime on May 19, 2013, 11:12:52 PM
Dino, I'm sorry, been out the loop. Do you still need a photoshop image done. Sorry I've been away, had family loss to deal with. PM if I can help now. Sorry again.

CS

Don't worry about it!  You had more important matters to deal with.  And I'm sorry for your loss.

I've already set my mind on these rims so whatever it looks like will have to do!   :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on May 21, 2013, 03:18:00 AM

which ones did you go with?  rim wise?

The MB Old School with gray center.  Go to page 1 of this thread, it's the second picture I posted.

K9COP

Ok Dino. I went and looked at the wheels, very nice. Post a side pic and let me know if you still want a pic done anyway. (Sorry if you already posted it, can't find one...)

Thanks for the kind words,

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)