News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door switch connector

Started by chargd72, April 26, 2013, 12:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Does anyone know where to get a new one of these connectors?  One of the 3 prongs broke off.  It's for the driver's side door switch. 

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

ODZKing

Try calling Bill Evans (Evans Wiring)

chargd72

I emailed Bill and just got a response. They don't carry anything like that.

Anyone else?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

ODZKing

Hey 72, I am a bit confused.  If it is the driver door switch, 2947844 - it should look like this.
Maybe you can clarify a bit exactly what it plugs into.   :shruggy:

chargd72

I assure you, it is the rarer three prong version. I pulled the door jam switch to check. It was mostly used in 71 e bodies but some others from 71-74 got it too. I'm on my phone so I can't provide a link but if you Google image mopar 3 pin door switch you will see what I'm talking about.

chargd72

Here is a what the switch looks like.

chargd72

A better pic.

Nacho-RT74

sorry, no...

you can change it out to dual prong, simply splicing together two of the wires on one female spade terminal and then the yellow wire onto its own female spade terminal and will work the same... if you don't care to change that of course

would check on 71 diagram which exactly could be spliced together... I think black and yellow traced

the one what keeps alone is the dome circuit

HOWEVER, being handy, It is posible to restore the broken prong ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ODZKing

Well, for our cars the part number you are looking for is 3488435 , front left 3 terminal.
According to parts voice these places have it:

Brad Nos Parts/Westcolumbia Chrysler
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29171

Silke's Auto Parts Inc
    JACKSONVILLE, FL 32217

CollectorsAutoSupply.com
    OROVILLE, WA 98844

Atlas Obsolete Chrysler Parts
    Murrieta, CA 92562

I would contact Silkes ... he is VERY reasonable and ships SUPER fast!

chargd72

Thanks for the leads King.  If I can't find it through one of your guys I'll probably just do as Nacho mentioned and fix it myself.  I could find a donor prong to stick in there and hit with a piece of solder.  Was just hoping to get a new piece.

71charger_fan

I just ran into this today myself. First I've ever heard of a 3-prong door jamb switch. I ordered one off of Ebay before finding out that Challengers and Chargers take a different 3-prong switch. I did find an NOS Valiant 3-prong switch which takes the same part nr as a Charger. This was after buying an NOS 2-prong switch assuming that's what I needed. Should have researched old threads on here first. Could've saved about $40.

Nacho-RT74

two threads sizes on these switches, either to 2 prongs or 3 pins... everything depending on body.

the 2 or 3 prongs setup is actually year related.

as I mentioned YOU STILL CAN USE the 2 prongs kind on a 3 pins assembly, just cutting and splicing two of the wires on one prong ( if you don't care to modify that ), and the other one on the other one. Thats how laters models with 2 prongs were made, being spliced on terminals to 2 prongs switch
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html