News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Daytona Restoration

Started by 69hemidaytona, April 28, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

That looks like the latchtray was notched for add on AC.Is that low pressure switch on that canister.That looks like a reciever dryer
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

That was the nitrous solenoid for the "Rush" parts delivery option..... :lol:

notabird

I guess since its a hemi car they didnt have to put the other tire pressure sticker on?

dmann

after seeing the trans cooler line notch    --i am curious what the trans cooler bracket looks like with the center upright missing?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 02, 2013, 06:49:02 AM
Quote from: 69hemidaytona on May 02, 2013, 02:56:57 AM
More photos before the teardown.

Holy "just-make-a-hole" !!!............ Is that how Creative adapted the latch tray for cooler line on a Hemi-auto Daytona? What about Superbirds?

:iagree:

Yikes!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69hemidaytona

Yes Creative was :well creative I guess when cutting out the latch tray. That canister is for a vacuum operated horn. Look back at one of the earlier underhood shots and you will see the horn mounted on the driver's side inner fender. HEY YOU get outta my way I have an important parts delivery!

moparchris

Very nice.  I remember Roger talking about getting this car several years ago.  I'm so glad to see it is chugging along.  Good luck and what a great car...
I'm definately enviuos.
Chris

nascarxx29

I guess when Stephan had the car he did nothing to it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

FJMG

Quote from: dmann on May 02, 2013, 02:11:30 PM
after seeing the trans cooler line notch    --i am curious what the trans cooler bracket looks like with the center upright missing?

I had looked at a couple of Hemi autos and the bracket was fabricated in normal "creative" fashion, just an approximately 1" wide strip of sheetmetal with the bottom fastened to the pass. side of the cooler (same holes as used to fasten to the center upright) and the top of the strip welded to the underside of the radiator yoke.

Maybe we will get to see it in the next round of pics.

Mopar John

Tony,
I think it's GREAT that your going to share your HEMI Daytona's restoration with us! Don't be upset about the quality of your pictures using your at home transfer machine. Go look at the pictures at the beginning of my story. The early ones were all pictures of pictures!
  We all love pictures especially ones with all those original details we often forget. Please show us all the little details of your rare HEMI Daytona!
Thanks! Mopar John

Mytur Binsdirti

The guys from Creative make the regular assembly line workers look like Swiss watch makers. What a bunch of hacks!!!!

BTW, I too am curious to see how the transmission cooler is held in place since there is no grille support to fasten to.

69hemidaytona

Out of the 500 photos I have so far none of them show the trans cooler mounting brackets. If I find one I will post it though.

69hemidaytona

A few more. Still no overspray on the washer hose anywhere along the cowl.

69hemidaytona

I found some photos of the trans cooler.

69hemidaytona

One more.

69hemidaytona

Oops. That last one was upside down. Also because I transferred these from 35mm negatives I ended up getting a lot of them either upside down or reverse imaged. In fact some of them made it appear that I had the super rare export model with right hand drive. :lol: I tried to fix them all. So if you see one that doesn't make any sense let me know.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on May 02, 2013, 02:56:57 AM
More photos before the teardown.

You guys are so shocked by the hacked latch tray that you missed the odd placement of the door VIN sticker!! Almost didn't make it on the door!

69hemidaytona

A couple more of the engine and the odometer. This is actual miles.

Mytur Binsdirti

FJMG

Great pics! Would you by chance have any trans cooler pics looking up towards the rad yoke? Your bracket is much wider than some I have seen and is welded to the latch tray support. I remember looking at one where the latch tray support, instead of being notched, was NOT welded to the yoke on the drivers side and just bent up and over the cooler line along with the latch tray!

tan top

:coolgleamA:  good  pictures   :yesnod:  keep them coming  :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn:
thanks for sharing  :cheers: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dmann

if you have them i would be interested in a pic of the trans cooler mounting towards the middle of the core support--thanks in advance dave

moparstuart

is this cooler set up Hemi only   :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2013, 12:48:59 PM
is this cooler set up Hemi only   :shruggy:

All hemi automatics came with an auxillary transmission cooler. What's in question is how the cooler was attached since there is no center grille support to attach to.

moparstuart

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 06, 2013, 01:26:36 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2013, 12:48:59 PM
is this cooler set up Hemi only   :shruggy:

All hemi automatics came with an auxillary transmission cooler. What's in question is how the cooler was attached since there is no center grille support to attach to.

ok i have just never seen this stuff on my buddys car , maybe he removed it  ? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE