News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Daytona Restoration

Started by 69hemidaytona, April 28, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemigeno

Your car really looks nice, Tony - great job!

To answer your question about file size... 400 KB is the largest size that can be directly uploaded.  To do anything larger / higher resolution you would have to host/upload your photos on another server and embed an image link.  (Admin) Troy has kept the site free for us, and all these images on all these threads chew up copious amounts of storage space on a combined basis.

Congrats again on crossing the finish line with the car!

:cheers:

nascarxx29

Turned out really nice .Maybe magnetic Duane's auto parts showcasing it's back history
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

held1823

Maybe magnetic Duane's auto parts showcasing it's back history

that would make for a killer display, and make it stand out in a crowd

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69hemidaytona

Quote from: hemigeno on July 19, 2021, 10:56:34 PM
Your car really looks nice, Tony - great job!

To answer your question about file size... 400 KB is the largest size that can be directly uploaded.  To do anything larger / higher resolution you would have to host/upload your photos on another server and embed an image link.  (Admin) Troy has kept the site free for us, and all these images on all these threads chew up copious amounts of storage space on a combined basis.

Congrats again on crossing the finish line with the car!

:cheers:
Thank you Gene. I figured that was the reason for the size limit on photos. Its not so bad now that I figured it out thanks to help from Troy. He posted an app that worked pretty well.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 19, 2021, 11:19:09 PM
Turned out really nice .Maybe magnetic Duane's auto parts showcasing it's back history
I had that exact thought as well.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

69hemidaytona

Here's a few more shots of the trunk including the March 1969 date coded NOS tire mounted on an original May 69 date coded H wheel. The original wheels had been separated from the car within its first year but I was able to find a set of five matching H wheels that were in near perfect condition from Tim Welborn. The trunk weather stripping was the last piece put on the car. Originally Roger put an NOS trunk weather stripping on but for some reason it did not have the numbers molded into the rubber. He recently found me a perfect NOS weather stripping with the proper numbers. Unfortunately the previously installed piece was torn removing it.

70 sublime

Does the red jack hook under the tire iron on the other side or just come up beside it ?
Just wondering if the black clip with the wing nut is all that holds it down
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69hemidaytona

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 22, 2021, 02:42:15 PM
Does the red jack hook under the tire iron on the other side or just come up beside it ?
Just wondering if the black clip with the wing nut is all that holds it down
I don't believe the tire iron helps hold the red jack down. I think it's just the black clamp with the wing nut.

69hemidaytona

I just uploaded a short video that I took a week ago.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

tan top

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on July 18, 2021, 10:57:59 PM
   Let's see if this works.

:o  :drool5: looks awesome  ! thanks for sharing the pictures  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69hemidaytona

Quote from: tan top on July 26, 2021, 04:12:41 PM
Quote from: 69hemidaytona on July 18, 2021, 10:57:59 PM
   Let's see if this works.

:o  :drool5: looks awesome  ! thanks for sharing the pictures  :cheers:
You're welcome.

hemi68charger

Tony..
Have to ask a question since it was brought up to me yesterday by Phil V. with the survivor white Hemi Daytona. When you began the restoration of your Daytona, did the car still have it's tire pressure decal(s) on the door? There seems to be a thought that all Daytonas came with 2 door tire pressure decals; the original one that I am assuming is the assembly line version then another one was added latter, typically a 440 14" decal, like F70x14 size.....

Any recollection?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 27, 2021, 08:45:56 AM
Tony..
Have to ask a question since it was brought up to me yesterday by Phil V. with the survivor white Hemi Daytona. When you began the restoration of your Daytona, did the car still have it's tire pressure decal(s) on the door? There seems to be a thought that all Daytonas came with 2 door tire pressure decals; the original one that I am assuming is the assembly line version then another one was added latter, typically a 440 14" decal, like F70x14 size.....

Any recollection?

Troy

Its not exactly "seems to be a thought", its factual. There is a different tire decal on a Daytona than what was on a Charger R/T. And yes its sloppily applied over the original one put on at the factory. And I have yet to a see a HEMI Daytona with a tire pressure decal for 15" rims, they like every other 440 powered Daytona have the same new decal on top of the factory decal.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on July 27, 2021, 05:29:15 PM

Its not exactly "seems to be a thought", its factual. There is a different tire decal on a Daytona than what was on a Charger R/T. And yes its sloppily applied over the original one put on at the factory. And I have yet to a see a HEMI Daytona with a tire pressure decal for 15" rims, they like every other 440 powered Daytona have the same new decal on top of the factory decal.

With that said, has anyone done research or collected information about the decal under the 440 applied decal? Did a factory j-code Daytona have the 'proper' 15" tire pressure decal underneath then as it would have had if it was '69 j-code Charger R/T?
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69hemidaytona

Tony..

Any recollection?

Troy
Hi Troy: On the first page of this thread is a photo of the tire pressure decal. It shows F70-15.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: 69_500 on July 27, 2021, 05:29:15 PM
Tony..

Any recollection?

Troy

This one has an F70-15 decal.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on July 27, 2021, 11:22:58 PM
... Hi Troy: On the first page of this thread is a photo of the tire pressure decal. It shows F70-15.

Thanks Tony... this is why I try to connect with as many original cars as possible and their owners.. I would venture to say that all Hemi Daytonas, and dare I say, Hemi C500's got the F70x15 decal on the assembly line and, for WHATEVER reason, some at Creative had another 14" tire pressure decal put on them but this just shows that not all of them did.... Would love to understand the rational behind slapping a F70x14 decal on a Hemi 15" equipped car.

T
Troy

69hemidaytona

69hemidaytona

69hemidaytona

I'm going to get rid of the negative battery quick disconnect clamp once the car leaves Rogers shop.