News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help desperately

Started by Tamera225, May 02, 2013, 12:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamera225

Hello to all... My name is Tammy and I am a newbie to this forum. I am searching for any information pertaining to an Ebay auction that took place in November of 2011. The auction was for an original 69 Dodge Daytona in Arkansas that sold for $45000. I know who the seller is and would like to know who won the car where it is and if possible how to contact them. I have developed an emotional attachment to the car and know the original owner Rick Noble of Dayton, Ohio. I know where the original wing and other various parts to that car that the seller claimed was missing or stolen as well the ability to prove their originality to the car. I was recently told the Daytona was in Canada and currently being restored. If this is in fact true the new owner may wish to contact me so I can clarify the importance of the Dodge. I know how much a man loves his car so if anyone can help me with any info I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time, Tammy :slap:
Girls can love MOPAR too!

polywideblock

hi welcome , you should try posting this  in the areo cars section as well

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Stu good find Columbo......

I remember that car now.  Hope that someone can help out the buyer get the parts back on it..... :2thumbs:

Tammy, I commend you for your efforts!  You found the right website.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:  So.. share the "importance" or the story on the car.  Did someone steel the parts off the car or?   More specifically how did the choose brown with a orange stripe combo?  :scratchchin:

nascarxx29

We have some board members in Canada that you could ask Maxwellwedge has several wingcars Beep Beep Dave and Magnum Charger  65 post  about a wingcar in Canada shop.Rick Simpson and Nigel Mills also wingcar people in Canada
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

Here is some Q@A from that auction

nascarxx29
Old Timer

Re: Daytona Project from Arkansas on eBay... new one to me!

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »

QuoteModify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There maybe some front parts if the guy can find them
Question & Answer Answered On

Q:  Hi Please send me more pictures. Is the wing/ nose in a known location or are they long gone. Also where is this car located? THanks Chris Nov-06-11
A:   This car is located in NE Arkansas. I had been told where the wing,nose, and the rear glass were at but when I went to find them they were not there, I thought I found the rear glass but it was for an old dart or something. I'll get some pictures sent to you later today. Thanks

nascarxx29

Not sure but there appears to be a brown daytona in this resto shop in Canada.Clik on mopar muscle cars page 2

http://www.asemotorsports.com/restorations.htm

richRTSE

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on May 02, 2013, 08:21:07 AM
:popcrn:  So.. share the "importance" or the story on the car.  Did someone steel the parts off the car or?   More specifically how did the choose brown with a orange stripe combo?  :scratchchin:

:scratchchin: hmmmm....brown and orange....original owner from Dayton, Ohio....must have been a big Cleveland Browns fan....

Aero426

This car...

Here is it before the new wore off.

Aero426

Aero426

Quote from: richRTSE on May 02, 2013, 12:09:27 PM
:scratchchin: hmmmm....brown and orange....original owner from Dayton, Ohio....must have been a big Cleveland Browns fan....

Transcribed from letter written by the original owner who is now deceased:

There were two Daytonas at the dealership.  One was black with a white stripe, and this car, R4 with a black stripe and white gut.   He liked the black car because the nose seal was hidden by the black paint and did not look broken up.  What turned him off was the paint on the wing did not match the tape stripe.    That and the body was not prepped for black paint and was wavy and showed dings all over.     The R4 car he "thought" must have been damaged in transit and had been repainted with considerable overspray  on chrome and rubber.   He also got a big discount because of this, and bought it knowing he would repaint it.   (My opinion today is he probably did not realize his car was repainted at Creative and they simply did a poor job - ha!)

He spent several months considering color combinations for the upcoming paint job.   By May of '70 the R4 was peeling off.   He said he was "sick of seeing a red blob with a wing subdued with black".   

He said, and here are his exact words:  "I wanted to tone down the character of the car to become a sporty 'personal' car with a little accent on the design highlights.   My choice was a '64 Plymouth metallic chestnut (a deep rich brown) which contains an orange radiance, dramatically harmonius with the '69 Dodge competition orange used on the stripe/spoiler.   I made a pattern for the letters before removing the old stripe and masked them off when I painted the stripe achieving the same hole in the stripe effect as the factory tape. This (stripe) paint was mixed in semi gloss and adds contrast not only by colors but reflecting gloss content..." 

ACUDANUT

That car sold for 45K.  Holy cow.  I would not have paid half of that.

Coronet440

Tamera225

Hello again and thanks to all which posted a reply! I did follow the advice from polywideblock and posted a copy in the Aero section. My friend has obsessed over this car since he was three and his uncle promised it to him. He and his family was given the influence that the  car had been scrapped and no longer existed. My friend has the real title on his refridgerator to look at everyday. I knew how much it meant to him. Then as i stumbled across this forum I realized the Daytona was still alive and sold on Ebay. The problem with the sale was that before Rick passed he parked the car on his sisters property in Arkansas. Fastforward a bit he passed away. The oldest sister was the executor of Ricks estate and the title was placed in her name. My friend tried many times to arrange a pickup for the car and the family members wouldnt budge as far as handing it over. Since the oldest wanted to keep peace the car was left to sit. My friend called and called and even offered them cash for the car but got nothing. Several years later he and the family gave up thinking it was scrapped. All these events took place over a period of 10 or so years. My friend was given the wing and several other parts by his Uncle Rick as both knew who the car would be with eventually. Can you believe the excitment i was feeling when that brown and orange stripe popped up in the pic?! I really care about my friend and would love to see the car restored to its original state. That was my friends main intentions and life long dream. I am here to help him as much as possible. So now I know I am in the right forum everyone has been great and I appreciate everyone helping out! 
Girls can love MOPAR too!

charger_fan_4ever

So your friend has the title on the fridge  :popcrn: :popcrn:

This could be bad for whoever shelled out $45k on a no title car. Eiik

Mopar Nut

Hello Tamera, welcome aboard!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

areibel

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 02, 2013, 03:34:40 PM

The executor would have had Power of Attorney, she probably just applied for a dup. title to sell it with- it actually happens a lot with estates when the original title can't be found.

Aero426

If you have to choose between having the title or having the car, the person with the car is in a position of strength.   Also unfortunate that if I am reading it correctly, the person entrusted to store the car (can you say storage fees?) is also the executor of the estate.  

skip68

:scratchchin:  Does your friend have the kind of money to buy it from the new owner?  That is, if the new owner is willing to sell it...if not then what is the intention of your friend?    :shruggy:  Forgive me but I'm not trying to be rude.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on May 02, 2013, 04:03:15 PM
:scratchchin:  Does your friend have the kind of money to buy it from the new owner?  That is, if the new owner is willing to sell it...if not then what is the intention of your friend?    :shruggy:  Forgive me but I'm not trying to be rude.

I was gonna ask the same thing....something doesn't sound right

do you want to get the car back or get the missing parts to the current owner?

ACUDANUT

When you do find it, you can figure the guy who bought it is going to want more money than he paid for it.  I hope your "friend" has 60k.

skip68

I'd be a little Leary about giving information out on a public forum to a new member without the members intentions stated.   I'm sure you are legit Tammy but one never knows.   When this car was on Ebag for sale some of the things seemed fishy about the parts as I remember,,,,now this thread has you speaking for a friend wanting info on it.....I hope there's not some kind of legal issue going on.   :shruggy:  I'm sure you can understand a few of us being skeptical.     :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: areibel on May 02, 2013, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 02, 2013, 03:34:40 PM

The executor would have had Power of Attorney, she probably just applied for a dup. title to sell it with- it actually happens a lot with estates when the original title can't be found.

Ah ok the whole title thing has always been grey to me as a Canadian. Here you have to have a registration for the car. Without it can't plate the car to drive on the road.

richRTSE

the title on the fridge...thats still in the dead uncle's name, right?

I'm not sure if I'm getting the correct vibe from this thread.....

...is it: "That car should be mine, I have the title, where is it?"

...or: "That was my uncle's car. I have some original parts from it. I really wish I could have had it, would be nice to see it restored and/or buy it."

:shruggy: