News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Outside Door Handle Gaskets

Started by 69hemidaytona, February 03, 2016, 05:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

Can anybody tell me what the factory used on a Daytona or 1969 B bodies for outside door handle gaskets? I'm especially interested in the gasket that would have been used on the skinny small end of the door handle.

moparchris

Not quiet sure exactly what you are looking for here.  The gaskets are a thin pliable material.  Best gasket supplier is Detroit Muscle Technologies, LLC, 586-777-7167.  I buy all my paint kit gaskets from them.

69hemidaytona

Does anybody have a photo of an original gasket ?

Mopar John

Tony,
After noticing you were not getting any feedback on this I thought I would try and help.
I went in my basement and dug out my extra 68-70 B Body door handles shown in the first picture.
I noticed that almost all had the shiny black plastic gaskets on the button end of the handle.
But almost all were missing the gasket from the small end? They must fall off because there is
nothing left to hold it in place when the stud is removed?
The second picture shows the same type black plastic gasket in place on the small end.
The third picture shows it with the stud and nut removed.
The last picture shows it loose on the floor.
I hope this helps!
MJ

69hemidaytona

Thanks John: I'm seeing that some handles have the triangular shaped gasket on the small end like in your photo , while others have a round washer style gasket. The round gasket protrudes below the metal portion of the handle because the stud is not centered on the handle. I'm not sure which would be correct for a Daytona.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on February 09, 2016, 03:37:42 AM
Thanks John: I'm seeing that some handles have the triangular shaped gasket on the small end like in your photo , while others have a round washer style gasket. The round gasket protrudes below the metal portion of the handle because the stud is not centered on the handle. I'm not sure which would be correct for a Daytona.

While the round stud gaskets were supplied with "Service replacement/NOS/NORS" door handles they are correct in that "replacement" application, They are not an original production line piece however, OEM is the triangle black plastic piece

birdsandbees

They're in the body gasket kit that I ordered from Classics for my 'Bee.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

69hemidaytona

Thank you. It looks like I'll be going with the triangular shaped gaskets.

Moparparts

I have found on my handles that 70 went to the round gasket