News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help desperately

Started by Tamera225, May 02, 2013, 12:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

the car he is sitting on the front of could be the other car in the driveway. doing alot of work there, so i was just assuming that maybe he had 2 of em at the same time.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

pettybird

that title is in no way the original. Ohio started using that format within the last 15 years. So where did that title come from and whose name is on it? The original title what have been yellow.

pettybird

Quote from: Tamera225 on May 02, 2013, 03:00:16 PM
The oldest sister was the executor of Ricks estate and the title was placed in her name.

How did we get to 'I don't know how she got a title' from here?  Also, if the car had been titled that recently in Ohio it would have been back in the databases, unlike a car with a 1969 title.  Ohio's records are complete back to 1980.

pettybird

Not being a jerk on purpose here, and it sucks that your friend thought he was getting a Daytona for free, but at MOST he's entitled to whatever part of $15k IF he was in line for it.  A promise, not in writing, after someone dies, is worth nothing.  If the will said 'so and so gets my car XX29xxx' there is 'justice' to be had.  If not, well...mount the wing on the wall and be glad you got a couple grand in free parts.

skip68

The executor of the will Was the good one.  The sister that had the car and sold it was not the executor And they somehow got a new title for it.    I'd say some kind of fraud was committed.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

richRTSE

Quote from: pettybird on May 05, 2013, 10:24:17 PM
The oldest sister was the executor of Ricks estate and the title was placed in her name.

How did we get to 'I don't know how she got a title' from here?  Also, if the car had been titled that recently in Ohio it would have been back in the databases, unlike a car with a 1969 title.  Ohio's records are complete back to 1980.

The oldest sister was executor of estate, lives in Ohio, and had title put in her name in 2003 after her brother died. The car was in Arkansas at the youngest sister's place. It is assumed the youngest sister and her husband acquire a new title in their name and then sold the car. If/how they got a new title in their name is what is unknown...

C_stripes

I don't know about that state, but in Utah a car can be considered abandoned after 90 days. All the property owner needs to do is have a police officer come out and do a vin inspection, then send a registered letter to the current owner, if the current owner is deceased, you send it to the family. I am sure where they were family, they could fill out the paperwork. Then you send it in and get a new title. I am not saying what they did is morally rite, but I don't think it was illegal.

As for the story, no one here is getting a strait story, every post says different things, and is just all over the place. I feel bad for the new owner, but I think as the car was legally taken to Canada, there is nothing they can do about getting it back.  :Twocents:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

A383Wing

Quote from: C_stripes on May 05, 2013, 10:46:03 PM

As for the story, no one here is getting a strait story, every post says different things, and is just all over the place.

:iagree:  kinda what I have been saying all along

Patronus

Page 6 and I need help desperately
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

62 Max

I've read enough of this to be totally confused,as for who said what,who was supposed to get what,it seems to be hearsay and worthless unless documented,won't hold water in court (ask Judge JUdy  :o ) .As far as this thread goes,keep it up,at least it's entertaining !!  :cheers:

Redbird

Having been the executor of an estate where a car was involved, someone had it in another state, the general tone of the thread makes a lot of sense.

As to which side has the most compelling prevailing narrative, someone other than I will make the defining decision.

What it points out is that things can go very bad with or without planning and when things go bad it can be a mess.

Tamera225

Hello to everyone and thanks for reading. I apologize for all the choppiness in the story. When I started the topic with a basic outline I really didn't expect as many replies aquestions. I tried to be as clear as possible without mentioning names but once I was given permission I posted as much info as I could and answered as many questions as possible. But the family got the info they needed by several awesome people and they are grateful for all the help, comments and advice.
Girls can love MOPAR too!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 62 Max on May 06, 2013, 07:27:28 AM
I've read enough of this to be totally confused,as for who said what,who was supposed to get what,it seems to be hearsay and worthless unless documented,won't hold water in court (ask Judge JUdy  :o ) .As far as this thread goes,keep it up,at least it's entertaining !!  :cheers:

Agreed.

moparstuart

Quote from: Tamera225 on May 06, 2013, 10:45:29 AM
Hello to everyone and thanks for reading. I apologize for all the choppiness in the story. When I started the topic with a basic outline I really didn't expect as many replies aquestions. I tried to be as clear as possible without mentioning names but once I was given permission I posted as much info as I could and answered as many questions as possible. But the family got the info they needed by several awesome people and they are grateful for all the help, comments and advice.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

"the family got the info they needed by several awesome people and they are grateful for all the help, comments and advice."
So what's in it for you ?

pettybird

Quote from: richRTSE on May 05, 2013, 10:36:38 PM
Quote from: pettybird on May 05, 2013, 10:24:17 PM

The oldest sister was executor of estate, lives in Ohio, and had title put in her name in 2003 after her brother died. The car was in Arkansas at the youngest sister's place. It is assumed the youngest sister and her husband acquire a new title in their name and then sold the car. If/how they got a new title in their name is what is unknown...

So the executrix of the will is the "friend's" mom?  Was there some mention of compensation for the cost of the car to give to the kid, or any other split? 

Old Moparz

Reading this thread is no different than pulling out. It leaves you that feeling there is more than what you're getting.

:shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Davtona

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 06, 2013, 04:03:33 PM

Reading this thread is no different than pulling out. It leaves you that feeling there is more than what you're getting.

:shruggy:

Oh my god your posts are always entertaining to say the least.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Indygenerallee

QuoteReading this thread is no different than pulling out. It leaves you that feeling there is more than what you're getting.

:rofl: :lol: :smilielol: :rofl:   Best thing that I have read in this post!!!!  :rofl:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

A383Wing

Moparpoolman

I know I'm a few months behind but I was just looking back at the March 2014 Mopar Collectors Guide and saw a Brown Daytona in a ditch and thought  :scratchchin: I saw it somewhere before, yup, even has the pic in this post in the article.  Did anyone else notice that?  What ever happened with the OP with the parts and title on the frig?

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Moparpoolman

Look back in page 5 of this thread at the pics the OP (Tamera225) has posted, Looks like the same car to me.  Also In the original post the OP stated that it was sold on ebay in 2011.

Tamera225

Hello everyone! I k ow its been a while since we posted about the Daytona but a lot has happened. The Daytona featured in the magazine is the Daytona that originally started this thread. We now know where it is and what its future holds. We are very happy with how this story unfolds. I will return to fill everyone in on this thread as soon as I get permission to disclose the details from all the people involved. But the story featured in the magazine is accurate as far as details of the story behind the car. Check back soon as I will be posting on this topic again soon.
Girls can love MOPAR too!

Aero426

The last I heard from the Canadian shop involved with the car, they had reached an agreement and had purchased the pile of damaged parts from the family.    This was about a year ago.