News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help desperately

Started by Tamera225, May 02, 2013, 12:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

YEP!  That's what I'm saying.  I'm getting a feeling this is good or bad.   :shruggy:   It's normal and has happened a few times that the son of the old car owner comes here looking for his dads car and they state their intentions.   :scratchchin:    Never seen a friend of a nephew of a dead owner looking for a car without saying exactly what they want.    :-\   "Need help desperately"    :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ACUDANUT

skip68

:rofl:   No, Tammy is the friend of the nephew of the dead uncle that used to own this car.    :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ACUDANUT

I'm not biting.  He or she has been on here all day and has not said a word.  :scratchchin:

skip68

That's the other thing I've noticed.  She has been here reading and nothing.   She was just here a few minutes ago and it said she was posting but nothing was posted.  That's happened a few times today so I'm thinking somethings up.   :shruggy:

nvrbdn

or wanting a kings ransom for the missing parts. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 02, 2013, 07:26:04 PM
or wanting a kings ransom for the missing parts. :shruggy:

or trying to get current owners info & scam them out of car

Bryan

hotrod98

The title is just a piece of paper. The only way that a title can be used to get a car back is first, it has to be in the person's name and second, you have to prove that there was theft or fraud. I have a feeling that this was an estate sale by an executor. Totally legal and trumps all titles.
I have titles for several cars that I've owned over the years. I would be an idiot to try to go get the cars back. That can get you seriously hurt in most situations.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Tamera225

Hi to all, I have read everyones post and I believe I may have given the wrong impression. I only posted for my friend and it has went in a million different directions. I am not out to start any trouble what so ever. I simply answered the question that someone asked which was asking what the story was. Everyone here has a sentimental story behind their car. I told my friends story and I am beginning to believe it may have been a mistake. I have read one comment stating I was a dude and I assure you all I am not a dude. The reason I have only been on a few times is because I am posting from my phone and it can be difficult at times. Our intentions for the car was to simply talk to the new owner. We thought he may be interested in discussing the car and parts since several of the original parts are with my friend. I do not feel it is fair for everyone to gang up and automatically assume that the purpose of this with bad intentions. There are good people left in this world.
Girls can love MOPAR too!

skip68

OK.    :cheers:    It just looked strange and we're trying to make sense of it that's all.  Sorry if you got offended.   :cheers:   Don't worry to much about it.   Do you guys have any pictures of the parts?   You should know that if they are in good shape they are worth a lot of money. 

1970Moparmann

In the past people have come on here and misrepresented why they came on and who they are.  Don't be offended, certain people on here are just cautious. 

The parts you have are worth some serious money.  I commend you in stepping up, usually it's the other way around.  THANK YOU! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Aero426

Tamera, I have spoken to the restorer working on the Daytona and forwarded the contact info to your friend earlier tonight.   Hopefully they will be able to get together and talk about the car. 

Tamera225

Thank you Aero426! Thats great to hear!! To everyone else I understand your reasons for being so cautious. I tried to word my post carefully because of that reason. Some people that are diehard fans take their cars seriously and I know and understand why. I've spent a lot of time listening to my friend talk about that car and have developed a respect for it myself. So keep posting any information you might want to share and I will be posting some pics this weekend. Once again all apologies and I looking forward to hearing from everyone~Tam 

skip68

:drool5:   Sweet!  We love pictures Tammy.    :2thumbs:   Good luck with your friends adventure and hope he gets something out of it.   :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 02, 2013, 09:13:41 PM
In the past people have come on here and misrepresented why they came on and who they are.  Don't be offended, certain people on here are just cautious. 

The parts you have are worth some serious money.  I commend you in stepping up, usually it's the other way around.  THANK YOU! :2thumbs:

X2.  Glad you stepped up.  We all are really just a bunch of lovers here. lol :lol:

skip68

Hey Tammy, just had an idea....  One option for your friend is to keep the parts and get a Charger project car and build a clone of his uncles.   This way he will still have something and it will look identical to his uncles car with some real parts.    :cheers:   

nvrbdn

good idea skip. find a 69 or 70 and use the parts he has to build a tribute car.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Tamera225

Great idea Skip Ill pass the message on to him. Id be right there helping him too... Thanks for the pointers everyone!!!

Tamera225

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is in reference to a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona that was purchased on an EBay auction number 104633450261 dated November 2011. Listed by Mr. Jim Dunlap in North East Arkansas. The original and only owner was Rick Noble and he purchased the vehicle new in the Fall of 1969 in Dayton, Ohio. Complete vehicle history, title and pictures are within my possession and I will share these with you if so desire. During the early 80s Rick visited us and asked if the Daytona could be placed at our residence until he was ready to restore the vehicle. We moved to Ohio in 1984 and Rick and I decided for security purposes the Daytona should be placed on the property of Patti and Jim Dunlap (Patti is the youngest sister of Rick, Judy and I). Rick and my son, Darin, were planning on making the trip to Arkansas to retrieve the Daytona but before they could make the trip Rick passed away in 2002. As the executor and sole beneficiary of his estate I have tried several times to contact Jim to discuss the return of the Daytona. However Mr. Dunlap informed me that I would need to pay in excess of $76,000.00(seventy-six thousand dollars)for storage fees before the Daytona would be returned. There was never any mention of storage fees written or verbal before Rick's passing. After many attempts my son Darin contacted and spoke to Mr. Dunlap and offered to purchase the Daytona and was promptly denied. Mr. Dunlop had given a false impression that the vehicle had been "scrapped" and he wanted the "junk" out of his field. Within my current possession we have the title notorized in my name and dated for 05/21/2003. Also I have the original wing, both front fenders, nose cone and various miscellaneous parts all items mentioned throughout the Ebay description. I am sure you could imagine our surprise three weeks ago when we discovered it had in fact been auctioned almost two years prior. I would like to contact and speak with the person who placed the final and winning bid on the Daytona. I feel there may be several important issues to discuss, as you can imagine we have several concerns. Upon the advice of legal counsel we were advised to contact purchaser and offer this information before proceeding any further

richRTSE

Quote from: Tamera225 on May 03, 2013, 07:00:07 PM

...As the executor and sole beneficiary of his estate I have tried several times to contact Jim to discuss the return of the Daytona.... Mr. Dunlop had given a false impression that the vehicle had been "scrapped" and he wanted the "junk" out of his field. Within my current possession we have the title notorized in my name and dated for 05/21/2003..... ... I am sure you could imagine our surprise three weeks ago when we discovered it had in fact been auctioned almost two years prior. I would like to contact and speak with the person who placed the final and winning bid on the Daytona. I feel there may be several important issues to discuss, as you can imagine we have several concerns. ....    

Wow, I can see this getting real ugly... real fast...

70Sbird

Well.....isn't that special ! :icon_smile_blackeye:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:,

Scott Faulkner

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 02, 2013, 03:34:40 PM
So your friend has the title on the fridge  :popcrn: :popcrn:

This could be bad for whoever shelled out $45k on a no title car. Eiik

I'm quoting myself and eating more popcorn. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

The to whom it may concern letter sure does not sound like the previous post.

Quote from: Tamera225 on May 02, 2013, 09:00:30 PM
Our intentions for the car was to simply talk to the new owner. We thought he may be interested in discussing the car and parts since several of the original parts are with my friend.

Its gone from talking about the parts too

Quote from: Tamera225 on May 03, 2013, 07:00:07 PM
To Whom It May Concern,
I feel there may be several important issues to discuss, as you can imagine we have several concerns. Upon the advice of legal counsel we were advised to contact purchaser and offer this information before proceeding any further

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

skip68

Quote from: skip68 on May 02, 2013, 05:45:51 PM

....I hope there's not some kind of legal issue going on.   :shruggy:

:rofl:  I'm quoting myself also.   I called it yesterday.   :nana:   Anyway, good luck Tammy.  Like I said before, make sure you guys hold on to those other parts.  You guys have the major parts to make a Daytona.    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

A383Wing

I feel a great disturbance in the Force

Bryan