News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Interior Chrome Trim

Started by James K, May 04, 2013, 06:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James K

I saw these chrome pieces in this web pic. I have looked in several places and can't seem to find them. They really set the door off and would like to add them to my 69 Charger R/T. Are these custom or from another year? Thanks.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 727 Auto, 8-Track, Factory A/C, Console, Double Black, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching Numbers Tranny and Diff.
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 727 Auto, Air Grabber, Black Bench Seat, Black Vinyl Top, K3 Burnt Orange, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching numbers Tranny and Diff.

richRTSE

I'm pretty sure those top strips were standard, the top of the door panel slides under it....my 69 had them, and my 70 has the same pieces but they are painted black...the map pocket squares I think I've seen for sale, but my 69 did not have them.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1974dodgecharger

Standard it is....I have them on my 68

bill440rt

They've been stainless on every '68 - '69 I've seen.
However, I've seen two different versions on '70's: stainless and painted. I think the base model '70's were painted.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

fy469rtse

Yeh I thought about putting on my 69 , but one year only 68 only , not on 69 's

hatersaurusrex

I have an early build 68 (sept of 67) and it's got them and the chrome map pocket buttons

401400_329773313721786_1571312437_n by tecmotimes, on Flickr
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

James K

Bill440RT, thanks for the offer, but I am looking for new ones if possible. However, I have looked in earnest all over the net and have not found any except on eBay. Does anyone know where I can get these new reproductions?

Bill440RT, I may be contacting you if I can't find any. Thanks guys, y'all always seem to be helpful.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 727 Auto, 8-Track, Factory A/C, Console, Double Black, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching Numbers Tranny and Diff.
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 727 Auto, Air Grabber, Black Bench Seat, Black Vinyl Top, K3 Burnt Orange, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching numbers Tranny and Diff.

bill440rt

These moldings are standard on every Charger. The question is whether they are stainless or painted, which seems to be a 1970 thing only.

They are not being reproduced AFAIK.

James K

Does anyone know what a fair price is for polishing out stainless steel pieces? I contacted Advance Plating and they want $35 a foot to polish and $45 a foot for plating for these? If that's true, how much does a bumper cost? Holy moly I had no idea.

Patronus

Going rate here in Denver is $8/ft..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

James K

Well that price is a lot more reasonable and the price I expected. Now at least I have a baseline to go by. Thanks.

James K

Here are pics of my babies.

James K

I just found the map pocket buttons at Year One.

"Part Number: VC187. Price: $16.32. This square button-like piece attaches to the corners of the map pockets. It has the correct beveled edges with brushed finish and mounting spike."

ALBSURE1091

Year one sells the map pocket squares. At least they used to cause I
Bought my squares from them years ago. They were $45 at the time.
Finishes off the panel very nice.