News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rust inside hood and deck lid

Started by ws23rt, May 05, 2013, 09:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

What is the best way to deal with what can't be seen inside hood and deck lids short of unwelding the panels.

twodko

Perhaps the only thing you could do is try and spray some Rustmort in the voids. If its really bad buy AMD.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ws23rt

I did that in the passed but could not be sure the stuff got everywhere needed. I suppose the parts could be dipped but have not researched this.

twodko

There was another member of our posse here that used a coat hanger and a piece of terry cloth (?) secured with a tight loop of the hangers end . Maybe that would work. :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

EMCustoms

On the deck lid I poured about a quart of POR15 into it and rolled it around a few times. On the hood I rubbed it with commit, water, and a red scuff pad to clean the rust off, then after it dried hit with ospho and por 15.

charger_fan_4ever

Found this inside my hood. The lower skin had to be totally reworked. No repop 70 hoods and a good used is like a hens tooth.