News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Petty drove a '70 Dodge Daytona? F & F 6

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 11, 2013, 10:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: surmanajaja on May 15, 2013, 10:07:14 AM
ok that aar cuda is sweet..but its all mopar& looks like it could have in 1970, exterior isnt radically altered. any links to a build?

almost positive it was built by Dave Salvaggio in WI.  Looks like he hasn't updated his website since I wrote the content for it 3 years ago though  :lol:

hotrod98

Can you imagine how loud that F&F Daytona was at speed with the mufflers on the floor in the back seat.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 15, 2013, 10:14:04 AM
Can you imagine how loud that F&F Daytona was at speed with the mufflers on the floor in the back seat.

ahh...the BMW FIA exemption that was the final piece of the Porsche 935 puzzle...

pettybird

So, funny story...my office is filled with wing car crap, and my fedex guy just came in and told me about the documentary he saw about the cars.  apparently, they were banned because they were SO FAST that people were dying in them.

Budnicks

Quote from: pettybird on May 15, 2013, 11:19:37 AM
So, funny story...my office is filled with wing car crap, and my fedex guy just came in and told me about the documentary he saw about the cars.  apparently, they were banned because they were SO FAST that people were dying in them.
It's funny, people will say anything to be heard, I'm not sure why there is so much misinformation about wing cars, maybe it's the legend/mystery around them, made in such few #'s, that folklore has taken over, instead of facts...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Daytona Guy

I will just enjoy that the Daytona will be a focus car in this movie instead of another mustang or chevy. Who cares if they get it wrong about details. I'm going to just enjoy it.

Dane

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Budnicks

Quote from: Daytona Guy on May 15, 2013, 08:42:56 PM
I will just enjoy that the Daytona will be a focus car in this movie instead of another mustang or chevy. Who cares if they get it wrong about details. I'm going to just enjoy it.

Dane
I'm not a big fan of the F&F movies, But at least they are car movies & I like the fact they are putting a big spot light on MoPars in general....

bzabodyn

I'm just happy to see Mopars in the movies, at all - what's cool at least is they have made Dom into a Mopar head and kept the theme throughout the series - the blown Charger, Hammer Roadrunner (by far my favorite), widebody Challenger, Daytona, Cuda, etc. I wonder who's behind the trend?

Hammer Roadrunner :drool5:

My next pro touring project will steal a lot of cues from this car.

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

hotrod98

We have a 70 runner in the shop right now that is being built similar to the Hammer car. It's going to look sweet when finished.  440, 4 speed, dana, buckets, non console, 20" magnums.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Budnicks

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 17, 2013, 12:19:12 PM
We have a 70 runner in the shop right now that is being built similar to the Hammer car. It's going to look sweet when finished.  440, 4 speed, dana, buckets, non console, 20" magnums.
Nice 70 RR project...