News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it hard to join the Navy?

Started by Paul G, May 14, 2013, 06:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

My God, that poor guy! RIP brother. I haven't had my first face to face with a doc yet and I know its also doc roulette but my former doc gave me enough Rx to get by until I can begin getting Rx through the VA office. I will most def be taking my current Rx bottles with me so the transition doesn't get dicked up.......and eyeballing the new ones I get for mistakes.

It could be worse. Thanks for your thoughts and prospective, means a great deal to me.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

charge69

twodco,  listen brother, showing the Doctor you get to visit what you are already taking is certainly no guarantee you will get a medicine that is compatible with your current meds. The internet is your friend!  Take time to research any and all cross-compatibility issues that might exist !

I don't know where you live or what VA facility you might visit but, if you a going to a VA clinic in a smaller town, your chances of good and proper care are better. The VA Hospital here in Houston Tx. is a nightmare to get appointments for your care. Think 6 months and longer wait times and a zoo when you do get to go! Hope your experience is better!

charge69

To Paul G.  :  I apologize for hijacking your thread about joining the Navy.  My experience in joining the Marines was so long ago that it has no bearing whatsoever on this thread and that is why I did not address it.

I sincerely hope the hurdles can be cleared and your son can embrace his desire to join !  It amazes me how hard it is to join any of the services now!

twodko

Man that's just not right. I hope for the best, the clinic I'm going to is in Santa Rosa, People's Republic of Kalifornia. All the Rx I take is generic but still, same same, double check and check again

twodko

Paul G

Quote from: charge69 on June 03, 2013, 06:03:14 PM
twodco,  listen brother, showing the Doctor you get to visit what you are already taking is certainly no guarantee you will get a medicine that is compatible with your current meds. The internet is your friend!  Take time to research any and all cross-compatibility issues that might exist !

That goes right along with what my father in law does. He uses the VA because it saves him money, but double checks the docs himself, and they have made mistakes.

Quote from: charge69 on June 03, 2013, 06:08:27 PM
To Paul G.  :  I apologize for hijacking your thread about joining the Navy.  My experience in joining the Marines was so long ago that it has no bearing whatsoever on this thread and that is why I did not address it.

I sincerely hope the hurdles can be cleared and your son can embrace his desire to join !  It amazes me how hard it is to join any of the services now!

Quote from: twodko on June 03, 2013, 06:12:10 PM
Same here Paul, apologies.
Not a problem what so ever. Your knowledge and information could be very helpful to others on this board, and that is what this board is all about.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Paul G

The recruiter just told my son to come back in June. Got nothing for him right now. He is very disappointed to say the least. So, he is looking for Police jobs now. There are several cities and towns in the south burbs of Chicago that are accepting applicants. His dui is now 6 years ago. He is working part time in a video store for $8 an hour. Cant live on that kind of money.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

Paul G

Here we go again. After being told last year to come back to the Navy recruiter in June 2014, my son went back to see them this week. The Navy recruitment office he was going to closed down, so he found another nearby. They took his info, looked up his file, which they found, talked with the previous recruiter that was handling his file and told him they will try to get him through. It seems like things might be picking up with all the middle eastern BS picking up steam. 

I hope this time they might have something for him. He applied at a couple local city police departments over the past few months. He estimated around 200 applicants showed up on test day for 2 Police Officer positions. He saw this at both departments that he applied to.

Early this year he took a job working for the state prison system making $12/hr. After a month of training and about 4 weeks working as a guard, nights, basically alone in the cell block, he had an inmate crawl up to the guard station who had just been beaten bloody by the other inmates. My son immediately called for back up, it took 15 minutes for back up to arrive, the whole time the beaten up guy laying on the floor in blood. My son would not exit the guard station alone. After that incident, along with a few other incidents, mainly poorly performing guards along with corruption, he quit. Got a job working for Best Buy in loss prevention making the same money and no one gets beaten up, not fearful for his own safety.

It sucks finding decent work right now.     

Mike DC

QuoteEarly this year he took a job working for the state prison system making $12/hr. After a month of training and about 4 weeks working as a guard, nights, basically alone in the cell block, he had an inmate crawl up to the guard station who had just been beaten bloody by the other inmates. My son immediately called for back up, it took 15 minutes for back up to arrive, the whole time the beaten up guy laying on the floor in blood. My son would not exit the guard station alone. After that incident, along with a few other incidents, mainly poorly performing guards along with corruption, he quit.

Hey, the prisons have to turn a profit somehow.