News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

here is a black daytona

Started by cdr, May 14, 2013, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:

I am in the stack that likes it too... oh yeah what an outstanding color combination....  Can't imagine many of the black daytona's have the red combination.

Was getting a little bothered noticing the no reserve auction as well and had not thought of them just pulling it at the end.  If they were at 350k, not sure I see them doing a make it go away on a one time only auction, but maybe....

A383Wing

seller needs spell-check as well

QuoteSELLER RESERVES THE RITE TO END THE AUCTION AT ANY TIME DUE TO LOCALL SALE.
[/i]

TX9AAR

What is a fair price for this Daytona?
68 Coronet R/T Convertible
70 AAR Cuda
97 Ram

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TX9AAR on May 15, 2013, 11:48:00 PM

Find out what a finished Daytona worth, deduct the estimated restoration costs and then you have your "what's it worth" price. The problem is that the seller won't part with it for that price.

If you do a majority of the work yourself, I can see 75-90 large going into it depending on the level of originality you desire. If you farm it out to a major restoration shop, plan on tons more.   :Twocents:

3--Daytona

I have a X9-black Daytona, fully restored,-440-4-speed-4.10- red interior-red wing.  non matching no,. 15k miles.
What;s it worth?????
My standard come back.it;s worth  a 4-bedroom house--3 car garage--swiming pool. And several gray hair.

NO----DONT   ASK

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 16, 2013, 05:52:44 AM
Quote from: TX9AAR on May 15, 2013, 11:48:00 PM

Find out what a finished Daytona worth, deduct the estimated restoration costs and then you have your "what's it worth" price. The problem is that the seller won't part with it for that price.

If you do a majority of the work yourself, I can see 75-90 large going into it depending on the level of originality you desire. If you farm it out to a major restoration shop, plan on tons more.   :Twocents:

Just that first phrase is difficult enough to pin down.
If you go by average auction prices over the past few years, excluding colors and auto vs manual options , it's about $140K .
Now do you detract for auto, or just add for manual ?
How much ?  15%? 20%?
How much do you add (or detract)  for color/interior options?  10%, 20%?

I think the auto detracts as much as the color combo adds, so it's a wash there.
So I'll go with a $140K value restored nicely  , not OE level.

:Twocents:

pettybird

Quote from: A383Wing on May 15, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

QuoteSELLER RESERVES THE RITE TO END THE AUCTION AT ANY TIME DUE TO LOCALL SALE.
[/i]

What, you think an auction just ends itself?  There are procedures, incantations and special garments to do that!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: pettybird on May 16, 2013, 10:23:54 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on May 15, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

[/i]

What, you think an auction just ends itself?  There are procedures, incantations and special garments to do that!

Hah, you mean like the Mytur -wear ? 
Is there fire involved, can't have a good incantation without fire...  :icon_smile_big:

Beep Beep Dave

Has anyone talked to the seller yet?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

hemi24

Did anyone notice the chrome trim around the fender scoops is that a factory item i never noticed  chrome on other Daytona? :scratchchin:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi24 on May 20, 2013, 11:26:14 AM
Did anyone notice the chrome trim around the fender scoops is that a factory item i never noticed  chrome on other Daytona? :scratchchin:
stick on side molding or something , someone had added
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

odcics2

Quote from: moparstuart on May 20, 2013, 11:31:07 AM
Quote from: hemi24 on May 20, 2013, 11:26:14 AM
stick on side molding or something , someone had added

Very "creative"...    :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

charger_fan_4ever

73k and almost a day to go.

Speedfreak

I called the guy Dave from the listing to go by and look at this, at the time the price was 85K.  He said he had a person offering 150K and he was going to end the listing soon.  I told him he could no longer do it since it was less than 12 hours left, actually it was about 8 hrs to go.    I said he would have to sell to the highest bidder when it closes, so his response was he was going to jack up the bidding so no one would touch it and hung up.  Next thing I see is the price going up between 2 shill bidders, currently up over 110K now.  What a dirt bag, you can see from his feedback the guy is a con artist, like many used car dealers.  Hope eBay shuts him down.  :Twocents:

billssuperbird

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

billssuperbird

charger_fan_4ever

Looks like the last real bid was 96k.

hemi-hampton

Far short of his original $350,000 :scratchchin:

maxwellwedge

Speedfreak

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 22, 2013, 07:30:26 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 21, 2013, 08:25:24 PM
Looks like the last real bid was 96k.

I agree.

NO, last real bid was 74K, the guy with 3500 FB is part of their crew.

Beep Beep Dave

I was thinking $65k to $70k would be fair for the car not knowing the condition of all the extra parts. But I could see it going as high as $100k to the right person who had to have it.
It really does look like a good car for someone to restore. I would really like to see it someday, even if it were just like it was.

Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on May 22, 2013, 09:53:44 PM
I was thinking $65k to $70k would be fair for the car not knowing the condition of all the extra parts. But I could see it going as high as $100k to the right person who had to have it.
It really does look like a good car for someone to restore. I would really like to see it someday, even if it were just like it was.

Dave   

You summed it up well and my thoughts too.  I could see a somewhat even higher price if well financed buyer is buying it to play..  As other threads topics discuss, this car has a outstanding option stack IMO and separates itself strongly from the crowd of other Daytonas, so I could see someone seeing 20k to 50k in just its options/color combo..  Like many others, by the time you are done to OE car, a person would have a lot of money in it.  Guess he really does not want it to go away..   :Twocents: