News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

John Schneiders 69 Charger needs help.

Started by JumpTraveler, May 16, 2013, 04:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JumpTraveler

Hey Everyone. Ive been reading a lot off post discussions before I got approved today and Im not sure what to make out of all of it. Anyway I bought my first Charger in 1984 a Copper 68 for 1200 and I loved that car more than anything I ever owned 5 years later a drunk driver took the car and my best friend who was sitting in the passenger seat.                                                                                                                                  In 2010 I built a Warner Bros Valuzet General Lee to race in the Bullrun with my codriver Chris Mayer (Vance Duke) whom died a week before the race and because I was swindled out of my life savings by another actor that told me he was going to go on the rally with me but renigged I was forced to sell my beloved General.   Dec 10 2012 i got a call that John Schneiders Jump Traveler from Collier and Co was sitting in a barn and was for sale and once again I broke the bank as JRS Chargers are to me the crown jewel of Chargers. (That and the 68 from Bullitt)) Im really asking for help in restoring him PLEASE check out the website I built for Traveler. WWW.SAVETRAVELER.COM   God bless and thank you all.                                                                                                                   

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

What's the rest of the story? There has to be more... And what kind of help do you need?  :shruggy:

lukedukem

I think he's trying to promote a show. And take donations. If you watch the pilot of American muscle there's a Daytona behind them when they are talking about the car in the shop.
Good luck with your build jumptraveler

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Daytona R/T SE

OH MY GOD ! ! !

THERE'S A TIME LIMIT ! ! !

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ? ! ? ! ? ! !

:pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

:icon_smile_shock:   :icon_smile_shock:   :icon_smile_shock:

:blush2:   :blush2:   :blush2:

YEE HAAAA ! ! ! !

:down:   :down:   :down:

marshallfry01

It was on CL a few months ago for $10,000. Now it's on there for $20,000. I don't think much has been done to it either. I definitely don't see a $10,000 improvent anyway.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Indygenerallee

"Jumptraveler" had some show pilot for this and crazy jack was doing the "resto" and you can see Rene's clone Daytona in the background. All I know is he pissed off John Schneider by saying John was in on the resto (Which he is not). He is a scam artist IMO from what I have seen  :Twocents: Here is the car at Plum crazy auto, the look on the faces of the guys are priceless they are thinking "You brought this for us to fix up!?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-lyGP5WJRY
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

bill440rt

I just saw this on Craigslist too not too long ago.
This guy contacted me a while ago about parts for this car.  :yesnod:

Then he contacted me again when Chris & I were selling that RT/SE. I mentioned I saw his car on Craigslist, he said he was selling now it because he "can't find parts for it".  :scratchchin:
I thought that was odd, because parts for these cars are so readily available now it's almost like restoring a Mustang. He then corrected himself, basically saying he can't afford parts.  :scratchchin:

Sounds like someone is fishing for a handout.  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JumpTraveler

First off Id be very careful calling anyone a scam artist as Ive was scammed out of almost 58.000 where were you then? Secondly John Schneider was pissed because it seems that certain country folk DONT KNOW HOW TO READ and JRS was getting mass emails as to why he needed money to restore the car when CLEARLY it was stated Thet I BOUGHT  the car and I was doing the funding. If you are going to quote John Schneider he said he was NOT involved in the fund raising or the project YET.                                                                                                       Secondly Breet Popwell whom worked with JRS on Collier and Co said John suggested I take down the funding page because he made us look bad so I did and would you look at that Johns looking for funding for his project. I also have NUMEROUS conversations between JRS and Mchael Gursey Johns agent and they asked me for 15000 for JRS to put his ole Yee Haw on the project.               Next subject the car was bought for 15000 plus I paid for airline ticket transport to NJ filming and editing which was way over 20000...next after being strung along for three and out a lot of my savings I put the car on CL as all the dead weight seemed to vanish after they THINK I was selling the car.   Im not looking for a handout but looking to buy a donor Charger or someone that can donate parts and maybe help with paying for filming.   I love this car and I can always seem on Hazzard Kooks to try and hate on it.

ws23rt

John Schneiders car? What does that mean? I get that some cars acquire (hysterical) I mean historical value because of who owned them at one time or another. But this may have been owned by an actor. Playing a part in a sit com.
I do get that it was lots of fun for many over the years. Me included. The cars were also actors.
If one was to go for something like this and hope to keep the trail of its former owners history how is that preserved?
I am used to vin tags and the like. Would this come with some kind of legal document?
I was offered a vanishing point challenger some time back in trade for a car. The challenger was posed as being genuine because some one that worked on the film signed something. The car was just a very nice clone of the movie car and had nothing to do with the filming in any way.

bull

Maybe you're a moocher, maybe you're not but you sound like a moocher, and I hate moochers. If you need a donar car, post an ad in the wanted section. So far I'm not impressed with your tone and verbiage after two posts. Not off to a good start.

projectanimal

Quote from: bull on May 16, 2013, 10:43:35 PM
Maybe you're a moocher, maybe you're not but you sound like a moocher, and I hate moochers. If you need a donar car, post an ad in the wanted section. So far I'm not impressed with your tone and verbiage after two posts. Not off to a good start.

X2......
Not looking for hand out, but free parts and paying for filming... :shruggy: :slap:
northwest CT

ws23rt

Quote from: bull on May 16, 2013, 10:43:35 PM

I agree. and am having to hold back a bit with my response. So I will stop with I agree.

A383Wing

all 3 of my chargers need help...nobody is sending me money....I'll stop here as well

Bryan

JumpTraveler

Huh I didnt relize I was here to impress Bull. What you should be impressed with is that I LOVE these cars and spent my life savings to SAVE ONE.  Moocher? I have sacrifised so much of my life to get where Im at and growing up I always looked up to guys like crazy jack struller and the few cool kids that drove Chargers.  If I knew someone had a Charger I would go out of my way to help em.  If I saw Charger broken down on the side of the road I would stop. Im looking to Charger owners because Mopar people are spirtual not like chevy or ford. I was always told Dodge people stick together so I turn to the people I thought were my people and all I get is critized and called a moocher and scam artist. I have more respect for the guy that spent his last dime to save one of these cars then make fun of them and call them moochers and scam arists. Thanks

A383Wing

I see this getting locked, deleted, or both

Indygenerallee

QuoteIm not looking for a handout but looking to buy a donor Charger or someone that can donate parts and maybe help with paying for filming.
:smilielol: :rofl:  So in a round about way your still asking for a handout!!  :smilielol: :lol: :slap:

bull

Quote from: JumpTraveler on May 16, 2013, 11:00:49 PM
Huh I didnt relize I was here to impress Bull. What you should be impressed with is that I LOVE these cars and spent my life savings to SAVE ONE.  Moocher? I have sacrifised so much of my life to get where Im at and growing up I always looked up to guys like crazy jack struller and the few cool kids that drove Chargers.  If I knew someone had a Charger I would go out of my way to help em.  If I saw Charger broken down on the side of the road I would stop. Im looking to Charger owners because Mopar people are spirtual not like chevy or ford. I was always told Dodge people stick together so I turn to the people I thought were my people and all I get is critized and called a moocher and scam artist. I have more respect for the guy that spent his last dime to save one of these cars then make fun of them and call them moochers and scam arists. Thanks

Actually, you do have to impress me and everyone else here, especially with your first post. You were headed downhill from the first word you typed. I see your future on dodgecharger.com, and it's a very short one.

JumpTraveler

Im going to say this and leave it alone. I never asked for free parts but I have asked for filming funds as Zack Gaphron raised 1.000.000 for Garden State 2 .  Ive worked enough in the entertainment industry to understand that producers fund filming projects.  Im not here shaking the ole tin cup and if it takes me 20 to finish this car myself I am more than willing to do so.  I want to raise intrest to EVERYONE that these cars mean something not just the ones with a flag on the roof...Crazy Jack told me in 50 years someone else will be driving OUR Chargers is it no longer important to save these cars? Or has it just turned into a Rich mans hobby...I thought and maybe Im wrong but Crazy Jack is BRILLIANT and him actually restoring the proper way to restore this car was important. Im not here to mooch or beg but guidance from people I thought cared as much as I do about Chargers....end of story

ws23rt

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 16, 2013, 11:10:37 PM
QuoteIm not looking for a handout but looking to buy a donor Charger or someone that can donate parts and maybe help with paying for filming.
:smilielol: :rofl:  So in a round about way your still asking for a handout!!  :smilielol: :lol: :slap:

It took a couple of posts. But I have met you. It was on the steps of a hotel in Vancouver Bc. You had a story that lasted a half hour to get to the I need $50. You got a cig. from me remember?

A383Wing

Move along people, nothing more to see here

Bryan

Indygenerallee

JumpTraveler

LOL..Never been to Vancover BC..Spent sometime in Calagry with the Hart family and DEF didnt ask you for 50 bucks..that was good though.

skip68

No offense, but when I read "God bless" at the bottom of your very first post I said to myself this is going to be about money/donations.    Usually when people put God bless at the end they're wanting something.    Sad.    

Holy crap guys, do you know what this means?    I am psychic.     :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JumpTraveler

No...as I mentioned I being a Charger owner are very Spiritual..I say God Bless because it means just that. Id really appritiate anyone that can direct me to what I should be dong to restore Traveler...Thats a Blessing.

JB400

Not too many Duke fans here, but there are a few.  Unfortunately, you are in the same boat as most of us here.  Quite a few of us love these cars like you do, but don't quite have the funds to restore these cars to their former glories.  Your best bet would be to just introduce yourself, post pix of your car, and scour the parts for sale section.  If you need advice on how something goes together or where to find parts, we're here to help :cheers:  As far as sponsoring a filming hobby, I don't think too many are interested.  Look at the Graveyard Cars threads if you want an idea of people's opinions on car related shows.

I wish you the best on restoring this car.  It may take a few years, but it is well worth it and a nice experience.   :2thumbs: