News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to Rent General Lee for Brothers Wedding (PGH, PA)

Started by bad88t-top, May 22, 2013, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad88t-top

Hey guys,
My brother is getting married next July in Pittsburgh and he's looking to rent a General Lee to drive from the church to the reception, approximately 8 miles.  We all grew up with the Dukes of Hazzard and he thought it would be cool to drive one in his wedding.  The owner would be more than welcome to attend the wedding and reception and can even drive one of the Mopars we have in our fleet (Charger, Demon, Dart, Javelin, 70 Chevelle SS).  If anyone has any ideas please let me know, just getting some feelers out at the moment.

-Thanks   Bill
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

bad88t-top

Wow, tough crowd.   Not even a comment or recommendation.   Maybe I'll paint the 70 orange for a while.  lol
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

AKcharger

Hi Bill

I felt bad no one answered you so I will...Nope, don't have one to loan sorry

charge69

You know, .................. this IS a tough crowd !  I do not have a GL or even live near you but,  I suggest getting that "rent a General Lee" out of your head.  Lots of things can happen on an 8 mile drive and most of them are bad.

If that is your nice black Charger in your avatar, Let him drive that one and be very grateful you have "any" Charger to drive. Most people here have Chargers in various stages of restoration and few are complete and driven. A nice and driven General Lee might be a little too much to expect. AND: just to clear things up, if I had a General Lee Charger and lived very near you I probably would not let your brother "rent or borrow" it for his wedding. Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening!

Indygenerallee

Yeah, unfortunately I get anal when my kids get around my 69 with a "hard object" and heck it's not even painted yet!!!  :lol: Best just to let him drive one of your's!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

AKcharger

Hey bad, on a more serious note how about checking prices on one of those shops that to advertising murals on cars with tape? You could "paint" your car orange with all the dukes stuff then when done peal the tape off. I saw Hot Rod magazine do a car like that, I think it was $300-$400

bill440rt

Bill, if it's any consolation we used my '70 as our wedding chariot when my wife & I got married.
No, I couldn't drink heavily at my wedding, but then again I'm not much of a big drinker so it didn't really matter.

We have some GREAT wedding photos with the car. It really made the wedding something to remember. We just had careful planning beforehand: reserved spot at the church, my brother (best man) had some partial driving duties, reserved spot at the reception hall, etc. I even brought the trailer to our hotel the night before so we had somewhere to park it safe overnight.  
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Drache

If I had one and was local, it would be yours for the day.

I do the same with the Dart. So many people though when I offer, their eyes go wide and they start stammering "no thank you" because they are afraid to drive it in case something happens. My car is insured. Sure the Dart is far from being nice and I still care about it. But I want others to enjoy it as well.

When 11 year old Westen who is suffering from Muscular Dystrophy wanted a ride in a classic car more than anything, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON in the entire Lakers Car Club said anything, not a word. They just quickly changed the subject on how to make more money for the club.

When Westen's God father asked me, I didn't give it a single bloody second worth of though. Hell I offered his God Father the keys to make it a more "family" event. He refused of course afraid something might happen. But Westen still got his cruise! And I found out a wheel chair just barely fits in the trunk....

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

:cheers: :2thumbs:   Cool!  Nice clean looking Dart Drache.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Quote from: charge69 on May 24, 2013, 07:47:26 PM
You know, .................. this IS a tough crowd !  I do not have a GL or even live near you but,  I suggest getting that "rent a General Lee" out of your head.  Lots of things can happen on an 8 mile drive and most of them are bad.

If that is your nice black Charger in your avatar, Let him drive that one and be very grateful you have "any" Charger to drive. Most people here have Chargers in various stages of restoration and few are complete and driven. A nice and driven General Lee might be a little too much to expect. AND: just to clear things up, if I had a General Lee Charger and lived very near you I probably would not let your brother "rent or borrow" it for his wedding. Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening!

I have people asking me all the time if they could use mine as a wedding car. And I can do the driving. I always say no and they're astonished. I know they're thinking "what a prick" but like charge69 says.......... Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening!  

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

Fred

Quote from: A383Wing on May 24, 2013, 09:10:32 PM
Quote from: Fred on May 24, 2013, 09:08:05 PM

I know they're thinking "what a prick".......

no argument here!!  :D

Probably half the forum members would agree with you there Bryan.   :2thumbs:    And the other half don't know me.  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Ifn' I wus closer, I'd be there bro. Been hired out for weddings and one Funeral ( last ride in the General Lee. HUGE fan that guy musta been.)

Yes, many people figure the GL owners treat their General Lees Like 'Bo and Luke' Did theirs, but it simply isn't so. I am still careful, but nowhere near anal. Unless I get the One bunch that wants 'Memories' In pictures of how they destroyed my General Lee, then I get pissed and swear I'll never do it again, but I do eventually. Good luck.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PA Dodger

Quote from: bad88t-top on May 22, 2013, 07:34:13 PM
Hey guys,
My brother is getting married next July in Pittsburgh and he's looking to rent a General Lee to drive from the church to the reception, approximately 8 miles.  We all grew up with the Dukes of Hazzard and he thought it would be cool to drive one in his wedding.  The owner would be more than welcome to attend the wedding and reception and can even drive one of the Mopars we have in our fleet (Charger, Demon, Dart, Javelin, 70 Chevelle SS).  If anyone has any ideas please let me know, just getting some feelers out at the moment.

-Thanks   Bill

Bill,
I know of one in the Hempfield area. I met the guy a few times at car shows but don't know him well. I may be able to get contact info for him. Then you can try to butter him up. I think there may be a few more in this area. If you hit some of the local shows you may come across a few other leads.  
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

JB400

I'd take a ride with them in their car first to see how they drive.  I'd also make it an inconspicuous as to what I'm doing.  Maybe ride along to go get a drink at Sonic or something of the sort.  If they pass my test, I'd probably let them do it.

Patronus

I'd let you.. Life's too short to not share ..and remember their grin forever.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Mytur Binsdirti

billssuperbird

tallhair

I'm not getting married and I'd like to rent that thing  ..   :rofl:
68 Coronet R/T Conv
70 Road Runner A/G, 4 gear, A31
99 Durango 4 X 4

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

I have people asking me all the time if they could use mine as a wedding car. And I can do the driving. I always say no and they're astonished. I know they're thinking "what a prick" but like charge69 says.......... Too many things for my paranoid-self to consider happening! 

If your driving, what could happen ?  Don't forget about the drunk girls that sit up front with you.

bill440rt

Bill, if you decide to use your Charger you could just get a limo for the rest of the wedding party. That's what we did as well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Fred

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2013, 08:58:16 PM

If your driving, what could happen ?  Don't forget about the drunk girls that sit up front with you.

Well, one of those drunk girls could throw up for a start. :eek2:

JB400

Quote from: Fred on May 25, 2013, 09:35:29 PM
You know, .................. this IS a tough crowd !  I do not have a GL or even live near you but,  I suggest getting that "rent a General Lee" out of your head.  Lots of things can happen on an 8 mile drive and most of them are bad.

What happened to your sense of adventure?

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 26, 2013, 12:24:57 AM
Quote from: Fred on May 25, 2013, 09:35:29 PM
You know, .................. this IS a tough crowd !  I do not have a GL or even live near you but,  I suggest getting that "rent a General Lee" out of your head.  Lots of things can happen on an 8 mile drive and most of them are bad.

What happened to your sense of adventure?

Surely you don't think being thrown up all over is an adventure?   You need to get out more!   :smilielol: