News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Members Daytona Clone pics

Started by Daytona Guy, May 25, 2013, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

A383Wing

aussie daytona

hi guys...nearly done,update pic  :icon_smile_big:

Daytona Guy

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

Where's Rene when ya need him?

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

A383Wing

Quote from: 41husk on May 27, 2013, 04:48:00 PM
mine is on my signatue.

you need to post some bigger pics

Bryan

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

BigBlockSam

gotta take some new pics of daytona

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

not mine but one of my favorites

moparstuart

Daytona Guy

Quote from: moparstuart on May 28, 2013, 04:37:28 PM
not mine but one of my favorites
Is this clone a DC.com member's car? It is a cool car, but it would be nice to have one "go to" thread of Daytona clones from "only" the DC.com members on this site.

Dane

Daytona Guy

Daytona 474's car, a gem of a guy, and an amazing car.

daytona472

Thanks Dane, for the kind words and posting the pic. We have struggled forever trying to post pics correctly. Photobucket was the last one we tried, but still have issues. Couldn't find the image code and what not, we will keep trying. Do you mind if we pick your brain about it?

Fred

Everyone of them.....beautiful.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: daytona472 on May 29, 2013, 10:17:52 PM
Thanks Dane, for the kind words and posting the pic. We have struggled forever trying to post pics correctly. Photobucket was the last one we tried, but still have issues. Couldn't find the image code and what not, we will keep trying. Do you mind if we pick your brain about it?

With Photobucket, select Links, and the image code is the last option on the bottom. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

A383Wing

seeing that purple 'vert makes me wanna take a sawzall to mine....maybe a removable hardtop?

Bryan

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on May 29, 2013, 11:34:58 PM
seeing that purple 'vert makes me wanna take a sawzall to mine....maybe a removable hardtop?

Bryan

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Daytona Guy on May 28, 2013, 10:42:08 PM

I will second that! To both statements.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Budnicks

Quote from: Daytona Guy on May 28, 2013, 10:42:08 PM
I agree... That car is badfreakena$$  :2thumbs: I love the color & overall car
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

DAY CLONA

We have struggled forever trying to post pics correctly. Photobucket was the last one we tried, but still have issues. Couldn't find the image code and what not, we will keep trying. Do you mind if we pick your brain about it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff, I agree this site is horrible for posting pics, what I find that works for me is to just write the post first, post it, then click on modify after it's posted, to add pics, keep the pics small in bites, and list your pics on your computer with either lengthy numbered sequence, or lenghty multiple alphabetic ID, ...otherwise it won't post the pic

...nice to see you got your ride together, hope your putting some seat time in...

Mike

Daytona Guy

It is real easy (Smile) - This html you already listed

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/moparfinder70/library/

All I did was CLICK on it, and it took me to the site. You have to CLICK on the little picture on that site or it will not list the "URL" link you need for DC.com to read it and show your picture - (I picked the one with the highest Q) - THEN -  off to the right there are "Links to share this photo". You need to copy the one that begins with "URL". Now on this site it copies it for you by clicking on it. then post it... and your see this....

NYCMille

Not everyone's cup of tea...  :cheers:

JB400

r4daytona

That thing looks angry!!  Actually very cool, I am however partial to the purple vert.  Just love the color combo.

moparstuart

Quote from: r4daytona on May 31, 2013, 12:12:51 PM
That thing looks angry!!  Actually very cool, I am however partial to the purple vert.  Just love the color combo.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: we think alike

DAY CLONA

I think most know my junk,...1970 "Watermellon" Daytona....440/6 5spd Dana 60 4:10,... now this is the true meaning of a "CLONE" :nana:

Mike

Budnicks

Daytona Guy

Quote from: NYCMille on May 31, 2013, 11:32:10 AM

Nice shot - I have my little pinkie out even :)

Dane

Budnicks

yep It looks just really sinister...

cdr

what brand of tea is that?  CAUSE I WANT SOME !!!    :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

WINGIN IT

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 31, 2013, 04:07:02 PM
I think most know my junk,...1970 "Watermellon" Daytona....440/6 5spd Dana 60 4:10,... now this is the true meaning of a "CLONE" :nana:

Mike

Man, I love that car Mike.
Is it still a mystery as to what happened to the original?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: WINGIN IT on June 01, 2013, 10:48:29 AM

Mike

It might turn up someday?, or perhaps more information as to whether it might have been actually owned by R. McCurry?...I've found, and have had more photos given to me over the last few years showing the car at various events/locations before it fell off the radar....

it was photographed in the Hamtramck holding yard in February of 1970 (middle pic above, that was made into a large color poster that was hung/then later stored in the Chrysler photo studios along with various other black and white/color photos of the car from 1970 to until the early 80's)...prior to that it was on a few stops along with the ISCA tour around the country with other Chrysler/Dodge displays of new year models, both factory and dealer between November 1969 and January 1970....last sighting it was parked in the Dodge Main executives parking lot in late February 1970,...after that it fell off the radar never to be seen or heard of again until Gregg Kwiatkowski found the photos and large color poster in the Chrysler photo studios building that was being dismantled in the early 80's, then the mystery car fell dormant AGAIN for some time until I resurrected/cloned the car in 2004/5

Mike

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT link=topic=101763.msg1202319#msg1202319 :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: date=1370101709

Mike

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Daytona R/T SE

What my junk looked like the last time I saw it...

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 01, 2013, 01:21:24 PM
What my junk looked like the last time I saw it...

But it's looking so good to see it in color finally!...white wing?, although a red wing and white interior, along with redline tires on Magnums would be a unique killer color combo :scratchchin:

BigBlockSam

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!, white wing  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

A383Wing

I don't think red wing would look good on it...stay with the white

Bryan

DAY CLONA

Quote from: A383Wing on June 01, 2013, 03:24:54 PM

Bryan

I guess you never saw the "old" back in the day Maramount Muffler ad with the B5 Tona' with Red wing on it,...pretty cool IMHO, I'm sure somebody has a pic of the ad?

sy440m

Picture from a lurker just trying to get it driveable :shruggy:

A383Wing

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 01, 2013, 03:32:38 PM

Bryan

I guess you never saw the "old" back in the day Maramount Muffler ad with the B5 Tona' with Red wing on it,...pretty cool IMHO, I'm sure somebody has a pic of the ad?

Probably not...but everyone's tastes is different....I don't think the red wing with white interior would look good on his car...again, my opinion

I was having second guesses about the white wing on my car now...mine has black interior, I'm thinking of changing stripe & wing to black....I don't have Photoshop...I'm just thinking with my fingers

Bryan

JB400

Quote from: sy440m on June 01, 2013, 09:07:33 PM
Picture from a lurker just trying to get it driveable :shruggy:
What's the specs on your car?  Looks good :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Daytona R/T SE

Bryan

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

The Red wing looks pretty cool...

It's just not for me. :Twocents:

I wonder if this was the same car used in the old Maremount Muffler ad?

A383Wing

That pic just reinforces my opinion, don't do red...stay with white

Bryan

DAY CLONA

[/quote]

I was having second guesses about the white wing on my car now...mine has black interior, I'm thinking of changing stripe & wing to black....I don't have Photoshop...I'm just thinking with my fingers

Bryan[/color]
[/quote]

IMHO the white wing looks sharp on the Plum Purple, a black wing would just "mute" the appearance of the your car,...A white interior with a white wing would really pop...JMO

Mike

Charger-Bodie

:angel:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

A383Wing

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 02, 2013, 11:18:04 AM

IMHO the white wing looks sharp on the Plum Purple, a black wing would just "mute" the appearance of the your car,...A white interior with a white wing would really pop...JMO

Mike

I have that diecast car...had the interior not been black already, I probably would have gone with white interior & white wing...

it's too late now anyway....what's done is done...

Bryan

Budnicks

djcarguy

Happy Turkeyday,, heres some good viewing an dreamy pixs... :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

Do shells & parts count?  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

NHCharger

First pic was after we unloaded her in my shop June 2015.
Second pic was last night.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

djcarguy

1st pix mean,run ya over Tona..

2nd pix lov the color an way car is coming along.hope ya saved the slot mags an put em on for some pixs??

DJ out west   :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :cheers: :2thumbs:

NHCharger

DJ. Unfortunately I can't use the old school mags even thou I intended to.
I upgraded to disc brakes on the front and the wheels won't clear the new calipers
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel