News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I HATE EBAY SCAMMERS. $27,000 SUPERBIRD.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, May 27, 2013, 08:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ws23rt

It is interesting to see the grammar and spelling he went with. One would think an add like this would be more carefully put together. (moor weller)

Highbanked Hauler

I am only about 200 miles from it, I bet their ass would tighten up if we went to look at the car. :rofl:     Maybe its an irate wife selling the car because the husband has a girl friend. :insertsarcasm:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

1970Moparmann

I sent an email within Ebay and said I'll give $30,000 cash today.   We'll see what the response is.... :nana:

dreamcatcher

I would be sure to bid on this from a person with 0 feedback  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: I hate ebay scammers ...wait I hate ebay  :smilielol: :smilielol: Never got much on there that was worth what I paid for it  :smilielol: :smilielol:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

A383Wing

seller has been a member since May 24, 2013....I doubt the car is even in the city he has listed

Bryan

62 Max

This is a GREAT investment! ONLY: $27,800

Why bid it to $60K :shruggy:

68X426

I'm certain it's the same assclown who has been posted about before. Always a new name, always a zero record, always a fantastic Mopar (a Cuda in April and another one in May), few pictures (stolen anyway), ridiculous low price, and then starts to cancel bids ever day.

He cancelled all bids of the first day at about 7:30pm, Monday night. He will cancel bids between 5 and 10 more times in the next 6 days.

Bulgarian Mafia? Chinese Pirates? Ukrainian Gypsies?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

loudmouthaussie

they're doing it everywhere.

we get a lot of aussie muscle cars listed for bargain prices down here.

its always a dead giveaway. very cheap, plates are from different state to location of vehicle etc etc.
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

GOTWING

it's got a "piston grip" shifter in it. :brickwall: you can just read the retarded description and tell it is a moron from over seas that knows nothing of our passion

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: GOTWING on May 28, 2013, 05:32:26 AM
it's got a "piston grip" shifter in it. :brickwall: you can just read the retarded description and tell it is a moron from over seas that knows nothing of our passion

"It's got a piston cup"  :lol:

1970Moparmann

This guy must have done this before based on his response............

Hello ,

I am glad that you are interested in my 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird. Up for sale is this REAL numbers matching! This is a strong car with no leaks. Starts, runs, shifts with no problems. All gauges work along with clock. The motor, trans and clutch and all the engine components have been gone through and restored or replaced if they could not be restored. Motor and trans were a complete rebuild. The car has the fender tag and all of the numbers on the trans and engine block are correct to make the car a numbers matching SuperBird! The car is EV2 Hemi Orange with a 440 magnum motor and 4 speed piston grip 4 speed with a Dana 60 rear end with 3:55 ratio. The car is also riding on new and larger 235/70/R15 fronts and P275/60/R15 rear radial TA tires. The car is flawless! Runs and drives as good as it looks and everything works. The car has been sitting in the garage and its time to make room for something else.

The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). Not interested in a trade and price that I'm asking is $27,800. Just want to sell it ASAP, so I am using eBay as my ex-wife suggested, she also sold her Beetle, without any headaches!

First of all please let me know where are you located ?
I will also need to know if you require a loan ? Or the funds are available ?

Thank You !
Alberto Villani

GOTWING

so wich one of you guys is going to follow through to see what all is involved in the scam?  :D

62 Max

Evidently he doesn't know the correct gear ratio/rear axle either.

pettybird

Quote from: 62 Max on May 27, 2013, 04:38:52 PM

I just bid 84,000

68X426

Quote from: pettybird on May 28, 2013, 01:12:21 PM
Quote from: 62 Max on May 27, 2013, 04:38:52 PM

I just bid 84,000

Good luck. He cancelled all bids on Tuesday, about 2:00pm. Including cancelling bids in the 100k range, and one for $233k. He only wants $27,800 and not a penny more.  :lol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

held1823

what he wants is ebay user names. the spoof emails will be forthcoming, when he tries to con someone out of their sign-in info with a fake page.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

ws23rt

This is not only a fun topic topic to discuss it is a way to fight back and help keep them on the run. The more people that read posts about this the better. All ideas about his plan are helpful to the readers.   
It is interesting to see how smart and clever someone is that has chosen to rip others off. That talent could make them a good living almost anywhere.

Budnicks

Quote from: dreamcatcher on May 27, 2013, 10:10:12 AM
I would be sure to bid on this from a person with 0 feedback  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: I hate ebay scammers ...wait I hate ebay  :smilielol: :smilielol: Never got much on there that was worth what I paid for it  :smilielol: :smilielol:
:slap: agreed  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

1970Moparmann

I think this guy is trying to get not only Ebay profile information, but also personal info.  I sent the question through Ebay, yet I only got the response with my email. :shruggy:

ws23rt

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 28, 2013, 08:27:51 PM
I think this guy is trying to get not only Ebay profile information, but also personal info.  I sent the question through Ebay, yet I only got the response with my email. :shruggy:

He is waiting for your next move. Think chess.  He has two questions.
I am starting to get motivated to play this guy out. He could be caught and busted.
Opps three questions.

1970Moparmann

Bruce, your probably right.  I just reported him to Ebay.  Screw it.  Can't stand people who try and take advantage of people.   :flame:

I've been burned on Ebay twice now.  The main one was a AAR Cuda about 10 years ago.  I drove my ass all the way to NY (12 hour drive) and within 2 minutes of seeing the car, knew it was a complete waste of my time getting it.  I stayed with the owner for 2 hours until I got my deposit back, but still wasted $500 in gas, and my time, doing this.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

ws23rt

I too had a chat with ebay and I also sent the seller a mesg. I asked if he would take cash in a bank with security witness. I await his response.
That is as far as I am willing to go with this.  Ebay said they give new members the benefit of doubt. So we may look for his new handle soon.

62 Max

Sent the idiot an email telling him I was close and would like to see the car,here is his reply !! ::)

Hello ,

I am glad that you are interested in my 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird. Up for sale is this REAL numbers matching! This is a strong car with no leaks. Starts, runs, shifts with no problems. All gauges work along with clock. The motor, trans and clutch and all the engine components have been gone through and restored or replaced if they could not be restored. Motor and trans were a complete rebuild. The car has the fender tag and all of the numbers on the trans and engine block are correct to make the car a numbers matching SuperBird! The car is EV2 Hemi Orange with a 440 magnum motor and 4 speed piston grip 4 speed with a Dana 60 rear end with 3:55 ratio. The car is also riding on new and larger 235/70/R15 fronts and P275/60/R15 rear radial TA tires. The car is flawless! Runs and drives as good as it looks and everything works. The car has been sitting in the garage and its time to make room for something else.

The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). Not interested in a trade and price that I'm asking is $27,800. Just want to sell it ASAP, so I am using eBay as my ex-wife suggested, she also sold her Beetle, without any headaches!

First of all please let me know where are you located ?
I will also need to know if you require a loan ? Or the funds are available ?

Thank You !
Alberto Villani

1970Moparmann