News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 69 500 first car show!

Started by white, June 16, 2019, 09:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

white

Hello, Drove the 500 20 miles to it first car show. Car ran great at 65mph on the highway. Lots of looks and video and pictures  taking on the highway. Had about 70 people ask questions about the car and about 20 knew of the model. I think I will go to more shows so more people can know about the 500 and its Nascar history.

hemi68charger

Quote from: white on June 16, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
... I think I will go to more shows so more people can know about the 500 and its Nascar history.

Well yeah !!!!  You THINK you'll go to more shows?  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

white

Yes Sir, planning on going this Friday evening. Class will be from 6-9pm on the History of the charger 500 :icon_smile_cool:

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: white on June 16, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
Hello, Drove the 500 20 miles to it first car show. Car ran great at 65mph on the highway. Lots of looks and video and pictures  taking on the highway. Had about 70 people ask questions about the car and about 20 knew of the model. I think I will go to more shows so more people can know about the 500 and its Nascar history.

Are you bringing it to Carlisle for the 500-Daytona reunion in a couple of weeks ?? Yes people do like to look at pictures of and read about the car. You can get the spectrum of questions from casual to technical  and I have got more questions at local shows than Mopar meets.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

white

I wish I could go to Carlisle,pa but I cannot get Vacation for the event. I went to my 2nd car show Friday with my wife and kids. met some people who knew alot about the 500 history and nascar, and also had alot of questions from the 16-30 years olds. I need to get a poster made up so some of the basic info about the car is known when I'm not next to my car. I will upload some pictures soon.

Highbanked Hauler

Its funny that you mention the 16-30 group  as I get a bunch of questions from them also.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

held1823

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on June 23, 2019, 12:16:59 PM
Its funny that you mention the 16-30 group  as I get a bunch of questions from them also.

it's because they are discovering there is more to life than this
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

odcics2

Quote from: held1823 on June 23, 2019, 12:31:05 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on June 23, 2019, 12:16:59 PM

it's because they are discovering there is more to life than this

:puke: :puke: :puke:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?