News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SRT-8 Daytona Clone

Started by Stevearino, May 31, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garner7555

looks good!!!!!     :yesnod:    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Stevearino

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on May 23, 2016, 05:38:04 AM
its beautifull

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on May 23, 2016, 05:38:04 AM
its beautifull

Thanks guys.

Well bear with me. I am a little giddy at finally being to this point so I took a lot of pictures in a walk around both when I first got the car out of the booth and also when I put it down on the floor.

Stevearino

More..

Stevearino

Still more...

keepat

Looks crazy cool!  Those wheels make it look like a Hot Wheels car, I love it!
Pat

1970Moparmann

Beautiful!   Congrats!  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ws23rt

:cheers:  A big mile stone for a big project.   The home stretch is all that's left.

Dino

That thing is sleek!    :o

Absolutely beautiful work Steve, I am way impressed with what you have accomplished. I can't wait to see the final result.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Stevearino

Quote from: keepat on May 23, 2016, 05:39:20 PM
Looks crazy cool!  Those wheels make it look like a Hot Wheels car, I love it!
Pat

You know what. You are right. I never saw that but now I can't unsee it.

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 23, 2016, 05:40:01 PM
Beautiful!   Congrats!  :2thumbs:

Thanks 1970Moparman

Quote from: ws23rt on May 23, 2016, 06:01:06 PM

:cheers:  A big mile stone for a big project.   The home stretch is all that's left.

Started writing down the "to do" list. Got tired after 5 pages. But it feels like I have turned a corner for sure.

Quote from: Dino on May 23, 2016, 07:33:52 PM
That thing is sleek!    :o

Absolutely beautiful work Steve, I am way impressed with what you have accomplished. I can't wait to see the final result.   :2thumbs:

Thank you Dino. As always I appreciate the kind words.

DAY CLONA

Well executed Steve, the car's stance is just right, everything looks proportioned, the lines are beautiful, the final assemble will speak volumes regarding your fabrication skill and talent,...Fricken NICE!

Mike

Stevearino

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 23, 2016, 08:52:25 PM
Well executed Steve, the car's stance is just right, everything looks proportioned, the lines are beautiful, the final assemble will speak volumes regarding your fabrication skill and talent,...Fricken NICE!

Mike

Knowing your eye for detail that is a high compliment. Thank you Mike.

Hemidog

Hemi Runner

That looks fantastic! You have to be excited to finally be at this stage of the process! I expect to see this in every Mag out there!

tan top

:o :dance: :faint: looks awesome   , good feeling after all this time to have it in paint eh  :yesnod:  ,  great stuff  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Highbanked Hauler

Mike

WHAT HE SAID  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: !!!!!!!   Rick Hendrick would probably pay you to put it in the Dodge show room..
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

oldcarnut

I got some reading to catch up on but absolutely awesome work. :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Car looks like shit.....................Just kidding.  I love it. You got skills man.  :cheers: :2thumbs:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Stevearino

Quote from: Hemidog on May 24, 2016, 03:02:08 AM
Beautiful!  :o :cheers:

Thanks Hemidog.

Quote from: Hemi Runner on May 24, 2016, 06:23:38 AM
That looks fantastic! You have to be excited to finally be at this stage of the process! I expect to see this in every Mag out there!

I was just over at Forbbodiesonly catching up on your build. 1800 to 2000 Hp. That my friend is insane. That is going to be a monster. Love the bullet proof cage.

Quote from: tan top on May 24, 2016, 07:40:46 AM
:o :dance: :faint: looks awesome   , good feeling after all this time to have it in paint eh  :yesnod:  ,  great stuff  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:

Just stopping to take a breath. There is a lot left to do.

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on May 24, 2016, 08:09:29 AM

Mike

WHAT HE SAID  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: !!!!!!!   Rick Hendrick would probably pay you to put it in the Dodge show room..

Yeah...........More like he will want me to put it in there for free and be grateful for the honor. :smilielol:

Quote from: oldcarnut on May 24, 2016, 10:02:25 AM
I got some reading to catch up on but absolutely awesome work. :2thumbs:

Thanks oldcarnut.
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 24, 2016, 12:18:16 PM
Car looks like shit.....................Just kidding.  I love it. You got skills man.  :cheers: :2thumbs:

Photoshop works wonders ;)

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on May 24, 2016, 03:13:24 PM
perfect

Thanks XS29L9B2

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Stevearino on May 24, 2016, 05:34:38 PM
I was just over at Forbbodiesonly catching up on your build. 1800 to 2000 Hp. That my friend is insane. That is going to be a monster. Love the bullet proof cage.

Thanks! You've set the bar extremely high and I'm trying to hang!

Stevearino

So I needed to make some gaskets for the base of the wing. (I know they sell them but this was cheaper) I first laid some 3M spark protection paper over the quarter panel. The glue on this paper is similar to post-it notes so you can re stick it a few times and the paper does not stretch. Once down I bolted the still unpainted wing in place.

I then traced around the base of the wing and the edge of the quarter panel near the side and at the deck seam.

Stevearino

I re stuck the paper pattern down to a piece of soft black plastic so that I could cut the pattern out with an exacto knife.
After cutting the perimeter of the pattern I cut the pattern of the wing base out including the mounting holes.
I then re applied the paper pattern to the top of the quarter panel.

Stevearino

I had purchased a piece of  1/16th inch thick EDPM rubber gasket material from McMaster-Carr out of Georgia. For those unfamiliar with EDPM it is used in exterior glazing applications because it is UV resistant.
I laid the wing base pattern ,which I had trimmed out 1/16th of an inch larger than the wing base itself, on to the gasket material and trimmed out the gasket.
Then using the mounting holes and the paper pattern on the quarter panel I glued the gasket down to the quarter with black silicone.

Stevearino

I re bolted the wing down to flatten out the silicone. The excess that oozed out came out on to the paper and it was then easily cleaned up with Denatured Alcohol. I then pealed off the paper.