News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SRT-8 Daytona Clone

Started by Stevearino, May 31, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:   thanks for the cruse  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keepat

Great cruise video!  Congrats and enjoy!
Pat

Charger_Fan

Loved the drive along, very cool!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

YellowThumper

Just stopping by and taking a chance that this thread is still awsome at the end. Here to say I am another fan of the execution of the details. I have an ongoing Challenger build with many mechanical changes and twin turbos. It's amazing the amount of simple bracketry needed when deviating from factory. Most of which no one will ever see.

My hat is off to you sir...

BTW I am religisly reading every page. Up to 40 now and avoiding the end.

Mike
ANY policy that provides more to some based on race, gender, etc...over others is wrong and only perpetuates what it intends to correct.

Stevearino

Quote from: Hemi Runner on October 03, 2016, 04:24:50 PM
Nothing like going on that first ride in your own creation! Cool video!

Still shaking out the bugs but yeah.

Quote from: tan top on October 03, 2016, 04:43:04 PM
:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:   thanks for the cruse  :cheers:

It's the least I can do for the long suffering followers of this build thread.

Quote from: keepat on October 03, 2016, 08:53:41 PM
Great cruise video!  Congrats and enjoy!
Pat

I am just glad I overcame the overheating issues and was able to let it breath a little.

Quote from: Charger_Fan on October 06, 2016, 11:41:05 AM
Loved the drive along, very cool!

Thanks Charger_Fan. I feel a little like a fish out of water actually driving it and not working on it at this point. I  WILL adapt though. :lol:

Quote from: YellowThumper on October 10, 2016, 09:22:45 PM
Just stopping by and taking a chance that this thread is still awsome at the end. Here to say I am another fan of the execution of the details. I have an ongoing Challenger build with many mechanical changes and twin turbos. It's amazing the amount of simple bracketry needed when deviating from factory. Most of which no one will ever see.

My hat is off to you sir...

BTW I am religisly reading every page. Up to 40 now and avoiding the end.

Mike

Well Mike, I hope it meets with your approval when you get to the end. Happy reading.

Well I am taking the car out on longer excursions. I took it into work yesterday and showed the guys who were putting up with me talking about the car for 4 years just what it looked like. It was a lot of fun.
I had and am still having my share of issues. My first run out with the car I had not gotten all the air out of the cooling system and pegged the temperature after getting about 5 miles out. Luckily I did not hurt anything . I purged it properly and she runs at the proper temp now. The oil light sender went bad and gave me a heart attack. I got that changed out.  I got the HVAC charged and I had a bad control module in the dash so that got changed out. I have a clunking noise in the right front and I am still chasing it down. I suspect I have the wrong sway bar link on there as it does not look like the one on the left. That one has tapered studs and the replacement one just has bolts so I think it is shifting under load. It also could be the only surviving part on the right side suspension. That would be the Bilstein shock. It might have a slightly bent shaft from the original wreck. I had the headlight door module decide to not activate once it got warm in the engine bay. Have to sort that if I intend to take it on any trips that will find me running in the dark. It came back to life once the car was cooled down.  A bigger issue is I tried to put gas in at a gas station for the first time yesterday and I had a hell of a time getting the pump to stop kicking off due to the fuel backing up in my new fuel line. Not sure what I am going to do about that. Again I am waiting for the drivers door glass which is being reproduced out in California. The new owners got the old owner to bring his mold for the window by and it turns out it was just as bent up as  my piece of glass so they made up a new one. We will see how that goes. I was going to take the car to the Good Guys in 2 weeks but my wife informed me we have family coming in from out of town that weekend so other plans are afoot.  Also the photographer from Mopar Muscle came by about a week and a half ago and spent from 4:30 in the afternoon until 1:30 the following morning shooting the car. Should be interesting to see how those shots come out.  Well that's all for now. Hopefully I will get out and scare myself some more real soon.

cdr

Thanks for the update !!!   :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Baldwinvette77

mike69440

Like a capital warship that had a major up-fit and overhaul, a few shakedown voyages are needed prior to commission on active duty.
If you every make it to NH, you can use our farm as a port of call.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Stevearino on October 11, 2016, 07:08:00 PM
A bigger issue is I tried to put gas in at a gas station for the first time yesterday and I had a hell of a time getting the pump to stop kicking off due to the fuel backing up in my new fuel line. Not sure what I am going to do about that.
My '76 F250 does that too, because the filler tube does a sharp turn just past the filler opening. I have to gas up with the nozzle on half speed, or it just kicks off every 10 seconds. Pretty frustrating, especially when filling up both tanks.

I wish you luck as you continue to wring out the bugs! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Stevearino

Quote from: cdr on October 11, 2016, 07:17:42 PM
Thanks for the update !!!   :2thumbs:

You are welcome cdr.

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on October 11, 2016, 07:34:47 PM
WOOOW  :o  :popcrn:

Yeah.

Quote from: mike69440 on October 12, 2016, 08:11:33 AM
Like a capital warship that had a major up-fit and overhaul, a few shakedown voyages are needed prior to commission on active duty.
If you every make it to NH, you can use our farm as a port of call.

Thanks for the generous offer mike69440. You might look out your window one day and see me parked in your drive way. :lol:

Quote from: Charger_Fan on October 12, 2016, 11:57:56 AM
Quote from: Stevearino on October 11, 2016, 07:08:00 PM
A bigger issue is I tried to put gas in at a gas station for the first time yesterday and I had a hell of a time getting the pump to stop kicking off due to the fuel backing up in my new fuel line. Not sure what I am going to do about that.
My '76 F250 does that too, because the filler tube does a sharp turn just past the filler opening. I have to gas up with the nozzle on half speed, or it just kicks off every 10 seconds. Pretty frustrating, especially when filling up both tanks.

I wish you luck as you continue to wring out the bugs! :cheers:

I will try a few things like another gas station or two before I go tearing anything out. It was a bear to get in there and change out what I had in there in the first place. I am not anxious to spend another day fabrication inside of my trunk.

Well I am sorry I cannot show you all what I saw today because of the confidentiality agreement I signed with Mopar Muscle magazine. I got a preview of the pictures taken of the car and I have to say I was blown away at how they came out. Something to look forward to in a couple of months for sure in anticipation of which photos they will choose and how they will translate to print.

Troy

If it helps... I had trouble with my Cuda and my Mach 1 with the new pump nozzles. It's partially because the tube is behind the license plate and flattened out so I think the pressure builds (and I have to hold the nozzle sideways just to clear). Also modern pumps flow much faster than the pumps available when these cars were new so there isn't a happy balance between fluid in and air out. Additionally, I have a 95 Toyota 4Runner that has a multi-piece filler tube that travels a long way over the wheel and under the middle of the car that I also can't fill at full speed. My 76 Power Wagon had dual tanks and the rear would also back up. So I'm pretty used to filling up at a leisurely pace!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

XS29L9B2

steeve your video is fantastic thank you
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Stevearino

Well it has been October since I posted last but I am finally able to put the final nail into this project with the April issue of Mopar Muscle coming out and bestowing upon me the great honor of featuring my car on the cover. I have really missed both working on and blogging about this car but life and work have pulled me away from any new projects in the near future. I have really enjoyed being part of this close knit community and I will return to lurking and enjoying the builds here.

Stevearino

...More

rapidtransitrick

Hemi Runner

DAY CLONA

Well Done! Great Achievement!  :2thumbs:

JB400

Well deserved.  Congrats  :cheers:

crj1968

Quote from: Stevearino on October 02, 2016, 06:30:21 PM

Here is a little video of the car out on the road for just the second time. The first time I had some air in the coolant system and 5 miles out I spiked the water temp gauge. I bled it off and that seems to have done the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIkCBnmFDDk

Awesome... That car is just fantastic!    :2thumbs:

WINGIN IT

Congrats man .
I know of no one more deserving  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Hope all your hard work translated well into the article

garner7555

I saw your car on the cover but haven't had a chance to read it yet.  Congratulations!!   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

tsmithae

Well deserved! I got to tell a few people I've chatted with that guy and have followed the build from day one! :2thumbs:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Dino

Excellent! Congrats, it's well deserved.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mopar John

Congrats on making the magazine!
A well deserved project for the story!
MJ