News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I unsubscribe from this forum?

Started by dreamcatcher, June 10, 2013, 05:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

I wish to unsubscribe from this forum and delete all posts as well as any personal information. Any way to do this?
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Ghoste

I think most of that you can do on your own in your profile but if you are trying to vanish completely you may need Troy to do a deep erase.

Troy

Simple answer - you can't. You can edit your own profile and I can close/lock your account. However, anything you've posted on the site that is publicly viewable never goes away. If I were to delete your threads it would also delete all responses from other members in those threads. Without permission from everyone who ever wrote anything related to your posts that's not fair to them. If I tried to delete just your posts it still wouldn't delete the posts of anyone who had ever quoted you. In the event that you could actually be erased completely from this site (which is a complicated and very time-consuming task), it still wouldn't matter much as all content is constantly searched, stored, indexed, and aggregated by all the major search engines. Pretty much once you put anything in public on the internet you can't make it go away.

Having said that, it's the policy of this site to never delete anything. Even seemingly insignificant questions have benefit to others long after the fact. This site seeks to preserve as much collected knowledge as possible. The discussion format has a way of weaving together input from many sources to provide a better, more complete understanding of the topic at hand. Losing all - or even pieces - of that discussion can severely impact the usefulness of the site. I may be able to selectively remove information as long as it doesn't negatively alter the overall discussion but, again, just because you can't see it here doesn't mean that it has gone away.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on June 10, 2013, 01:34:38 PM
So it's like joining a cult?
I think it'd compare more to the mafia.  Many cults die out after a generation or two.  Mafias and other secret organizations tend to last quite a few centuries.

68X426

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on June 10, 2013, 02:49:26 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 10, 2013, 01:34:38 PM
So it's like joining a cult?
I think it'd compare more to the mafia.  Many cults die out after a generation or two.  Mafias and other secret organizations tend to last quite a few centuries.

Don't you mean the IRS?  :scratchchin:

Any way, sounds like dreamcatcher might have had a bad dream. Now he wants out of the matrix. Too late. :badidea:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

A383Wing

the "IN" door works fine....the "OUT" door is stuck shut

resq302

Chargers checking but they don't check out!   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on June 10, 2013, 03:45:35 PM
Welcome to the Hotel Charger....

:smilielol:   You can check out any time you like.............but you can never leave.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Cooter

They come back...They always come back.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

And even if they don't..........they're already here!

A383Wing

Quote from: Cooter on June 12, 2013, 07:44:53 PM
They come back...They always come back.

Did the monkeys or the ducks come back?

(Fred is still here)

superbirdtom

WoW  dreamcatcher   I sure would like to keep in touch, Tom  907-617-1527  Alaska    are you still working up on the slope?

A383Wing

He's still here, he checked back in today

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

nvrbdn

well, I don't want mine deleted.......  ever.

I want to live on these pages forever. :boogie:

:scratchchin: well maybe delete the part I was involved in about the monkeys and the boat and the...... oh never mind.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

twodko

Quote from: 68X426 on November 16, 2014, 08:53:39 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on November 16, 2014, 08:33:08 PM
He's still here, he checked back in today

So he took the red pill.  :rofl:

Now that's funny right there!

You can never leave the Mopar Yakuza.  :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 26, 2014, 09:53:59 PM
well, I don't want mine deleted.......  ever.

I want to live on these pages forever. :boogie:

:scratchchin: well maybe delete the part I was involved in about the monkeys and the boat and the...... oh never mind.

Geez Jim, you've got to stop taking those pills.    You're hallucinating again!   :icon_smile_big:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House