News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fiberglass front end

Started by brian_charger74, August 06, 2005, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian_charger74

Im in the process of saving for body panels and was wondering if anyone has installed a fiberglass front end. Im considering on for my 74. How hard as the
install?  are they streetable?  can you install the headlights, turn signals and markers?

-Brian

Drop Top

Fiberglass front clips are made for race cars (1/4 mile). Yes you can do everthing you are wanting to do to them. But it is NOT recommended. The idea is to reduce overall weight. So the clips don't usually have provisions for the headlights and the rest of the stuff. Another thing is that quality is not there. They are made to look good from the stands not 5 feet away. I could go on but I think you get my drift. They just aren't practical for the street.

brian_charger74

well considering that my charger won't be a trailer queen anytime soon and I'm not that interested in having a mirror finish. Also, the company that I considering for the front end will cut the headlights out So, with that all in mind what else is there?