News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

whats this crud...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, June 19, 2013, 07:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

That would be undercoating. Scrape as much as you can with a putty knife and then heat it with a heat gun and scrape some more.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bull on June 19, 2013, 08:09:10 PM
That would be undercoating. Scrape as much as you can with a putty knife and then heat it with a heat gun and scrape some more.

damn thx bull.....

Dino

If your car is a rolling shell you may want to get some dry ice.  Google dry ice and undercoating.  I've done it many times and it's super easy and clean.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on June 20, 2013, 06:50:12 AM
If your car is a rolling shell you may want to get some dry ice.  Google dry ice and undercoating.  I've done it many times and it's super easy and clean.

its done dino just didnt clean these parts im just going through for little stuff here and there upgrades etc..i plan to por 15 her while im under there on my back.

Dino

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 20, 2013, 08:56:47 AM
Quote from: Dino on June 20, 2013, 06:50:12 AM

its done dino just didnt clean these parts im just going through for little stuff here and there upgrades etc..i plan to por 15 her while im under there on my back.

Wear a face mask!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

miller time

brush lacquer thinner on it heavy, let it sit for a couple minutes and use a paint scraper the husky multi tool one with the paint roller wringer and and pointed other edge work the best or a narrow 1- 1.5inch scraper just sharpen in a lil on one side, they even cut spot welds if you use a hammer, or use an angle grinder and wire wheel, but you will be sound deadened if you do lol

ipstrategies

I have the gas tank out so I decided to remove undercoating on my 71 at least from the wheel wells back. After trying a few things I found that that a mini needle scaler 20.00  (if you have a compressor) worked well on heavy spots on back frame rails. Once I hit with the scaler for a few moments I could scrape off pretty easy, a very tedious process no matter what.
I am going to use a couple coats of zerorust (no top coat required) on it and then apply undercoat to rear wheel wells (there was not much left in this area)
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: ipstrategies on June 20, 2013, 02:53:50 PM
I have the gas tank out so I decided to remove undercoating on my 71 at least from the wheel wells back. After trying a few things I found that that a mini needle scaler 20.00  (if you have a compressor) worked well on heavy spots on back frame rails. Once I hit with the scaler for a few moments I could scrape off pretty easy, a very tedious process no matter what.
I am going to use a couple coats of zerorust (no top coat required) on it and then apply undercoat to rear wheel wells (there was not much left in this area)

Just oooked up that needler and wow thats makes things simple I wonder if they have a electric version

Brock Lee

Tal Strip 2 aircraft stripper gets it too. It is expensive, but eats right through it. If you have the option, avoid the spray can and get the raw can you brush on. You get a lot more for your money that way.