News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which side of clutch goes toward engine?

Started by GordonGriggs, July 20, 2013, 02:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

Hey, Im trying to install my 440 but I can remember which side of the clutch goes toward the engine, and which side goes toward transmission. Im thinking the side with the longest shaft goes toward transmission. Anyone know?

Thanks!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

John_Kunkel

If the "engine side" printing is missing from the disc, the spring hub side of the disc goes to the rear (away from the flywheel).
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

A383Wing

it's only gonna sit on the flywheel one way anyway...if you try to put the spring side on flywheel, the disc face will not sit on flywheel correctly

Bryan

GordonGriggs

Thanks for the replies. I did not even think that it would not go on the "wrong" way.