News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door sill plates and extensions

Started by Dino, July 26, 2013, 11:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: HeavyFuel on July 31, 2013, 03:15:39 PM
Quote from: Dino on July 31, 2013, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: moparfan53 on July 29, 2013, 10:42:56 PM
I agree with Bill440rt that all 2nd gen had them/should have had them. My '69 I bought in 1975 had them. Another '69 I bought in 2010 only had one but I could see the marks/hole where the other one had been. I have noticed at shows that quite a few cars don't have them and have wondered why. Perhaps as mentioned here, if they are gone when a car is bought, the owner is not aware of them.

Below is an installed pic.

Not saying it is, but that doesn't look right.  Any way to tuck the edge under the quarter panel or swap sides to line them up better?

They can't swap side to side, they are slotted/holed for left and right.

They shouldn't go under the door panel...that just creates other fitment problems with the panel and such.

So even if you wanted to put the left side on the right so the thick edge is away from the door panel it still would not fit?  Well that bites!

I'm gonna play with mine a bit and see if I can line them up nicely before I polish them.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HeavyFuel

Good luck...I hope you get 'em in.   

I think one of the main culprits is the aftermarket door panels.   They fit differently (thicker), and tighter against the floor.  The older panels had more 'slop' .

mopar0166

Never knew my car had these extensions , guess I got to order them

Dino

I forgot all bout this thread. Back when I posted this I removed the rear panels and cleaned them up the. There's was quite a bit of silicone between the panels and the car frame, I guess someone was a bit messy getting the plastic in place. Cleaned it all up and the extensions fit nicely. It does look nicer with them in place, a nice finishing touch.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.