News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

thinking of selling my Daytona clone .....am i nuts ? what should i ask??

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 28, 2013, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

I've been having thoughts about selling my Hemi with 4 speed Daytona clone . What is a fair number to ask? The car is really nicely done ,top and bottom. Steel nose. Vega plug. white with red stripe and wing . Black interior. Just looking for opinions on what I should try to get for it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

Bid history:   
1 bid
Current bid:   US $70,000.00   
   Reserve pricenot met
Price:   US $89,000.00   
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Charger-Bodie

No offense to whoever owns that one,but mine is honestly A lot nicer than that one. It is something to compare to.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

hemi68charger

1. You're not nuts....... Life changes and so does preference and desires....... If you have interest in something else or the lack of interest in this current Charger, it is time to sell.

2. Value.......... Will you always get what you want? One NEVER knows until you get into the down-n-dirty...... Believe me, I know.......  Some may think a clone as a waste of time, while others value the car for the way it looks and pleases them....

Good luck on your decision........ It is a tough call............ But never look back once made..............

:2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

cdr

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 28, 2013, 05:43:23 PM
No offense to whoever owns that one,but mine is honestly A lot nicer than that one. It is something to compare to.....

i was just tryin to show you what was out there. i have not seen yours in person,but i am sure it is an AWESOME car,no doubt!!!!!!!

Speedfreak

Quote from: cdr on July 28, 2013, 05:19:13 PM

Bid history:   
1 bid
Current bid:   US $70,000.00   
   Reserve pricenot met
Price:   US $89,000.00   

There was no actual bidding going on in this auction, just the seller having a friend place a bid up, car is not worth the money, real ones sometimes do not go that high, sad to say.   

If you want to find out what they will pay for your car, put it up, use a reserve and see what happens.  It is the only way to know value.

DAY CLONA

Brian

:'( to hear your considering the sale of you Daytona, but that's a decisions that's all yours....I know the build quality of your car is TOP SHELF, as are the choices made in parts/materials used, your car speaks volumes as far as it presence, it's a desirable combo and color, if it was mine to market, I'd be listing it just a tad under $100K ($92-$96K), as one would be hard pressed to have a clone built by a shop like yours for anything less,...If I had to guessimate what you had into the car dollar wise I'd say $70K minimum, and that's not counting all your labour

Mike

P.S.....yeah your nuts buddy! :nana:

1970Moparmann

Brian, what gives?   Really surprised by this thread.   Or, do I see a real Wing car in your future??
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

just give it to me i will hug it and squeeze and love it every day , oh and call it george
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

cdr

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just saw this.   No idea as to its worth but its worth every penny of what YOU want for it.   Id be honored to own that bad boy
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

JB400

He converted?? :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

If you are going to sell it, will you be Chargerless? :popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 04, 2013, 01:55:40 PM
Just saw this.   No idea as to its worth but its worth every penny of what YOU want for it.   Id be honored to own that bad boy

Thanks man!

Charger-Bodie

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 04, 2013, 02:39:24 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 04, 2013, 02:10:30 PM
heard he sold it and bought a 66 corvette   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Not a snowballs chance in Haiti's.

Seriously, first a gold chain, now a Vette??  What is the world coming to...... :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

good to hear because that text you sent me saying you  did really scared me  .

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on August 04, 2013, 02:57:12 PM

good to hear because that text you sent me saying you  did really scared me  .

The seling it part is possible. THe Corvette part= no chance. Simply messin with ya.

Baldwinvette77

yes you are nuts, how do you trade up from a hemi daytona?  :lol:  anyway no clue what you should ask, but make it worth your while if you are serious about selling it, its an R/T charger right? and you used an actuall daytona nose if i remember reading right  :scratchchin: i wouldn't call you crazy if you asked for 100k  :cheers:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 05, 2013, 07:15:05 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 05, 2013, 06:00:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-1969-dodge-charger-daytona-426-hemi-4-speed-dana-60-rotisserie-restored-/221263788547?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3384597a03&vxp=mtr#ht_1226wt_1161

looks like someone is that much closed to there 66 corvette dream car

i know who the high bidder is    :icon_smile_big:

I'm absolutely sure that you are more likely to buy a vette than I ever could be.
NO sir  , you are definatly the Gold chains and corvette type , if i was to own a vette  my budget would be more like a chevette ,  and it would be to resell    :nana:

BigBlockSam

Quotemy budget would be more like a chevette ,  and it would be to resell    nana

stop buying Hemi"s
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img