News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Damn, 'Flip' From Street Outlaws dead. RIP

Started by Cooter, July 30, 2013, 05:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

I liked ole Flip. He run with junk like many have to. Missed last nights episode where they kicked 'BoostedGT' ass.
Some on the LS forums said he had been gone for about two weeks back in June. Looks like they kept it quiet for a while.
They dedicated the show and some burnouts to flip I see.

"I went on the Discovery Channel and in the comments about the show, someone who claims to live across the street from him said that he shot himself."
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Cooter

Tyler Gene Priddy was born November 30, 1981 in Chickasha, OK to Gene and Glenda (Long) Priddy. He passed away on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at his home in Yukon, OK at the age of 31. Tyler attended Hinton Elementary School and graduated from Putnam City High School in Warr Acres, OK. He worked for Warren Caterpillar for 10 years and was currently the parts warehouse manager. Tyler enjoyed drag racing. Starting with a Mustang, then an El Camino, he eventually turned his passion towards a reality TV show called "Street Outlaws", where he beat out several others to be selected for the show. On the show, Tyler's nickname is Flip. The show will be aired on June 10, 2013 on the Discovery Channel. Anything he could get on and go fast he would because Tyler was a 'Gear Head'. He loved racing RC cars and Jeepin' with his boys. Tyler loved his 4 boys and had nicknames for them all. They were his world. He was never seen without a Miller 'High Life' or a 'Monster' in his hand.

He was preceded in death by his Grandfather, Aubrey Priddy, and Aunt Mary Lou.

He is survived by his wife Morgan Amber Priddy of Yukon, his children Tovey Gene (Rito), Remey J (Flemerson), Dresdyn Rinot (Day Day) and Bennett William Edward (Baby B) all of Yukon, OK, his parents Gene Priddy of Bethany, OK, his mother Glenda Beckham, his Grandparents Letha and Calvin Brown of Hinton, OK and Jack and Lola Faye Long of Hinton, his brother Chris Priddy and wife Rebecca of Oklahoma City, and Ethan Priddy of Ada, OK, aunts and uncles Taunna and Kerry Tapper, Gayla and Ricky Coats, Rick and Rhonda Long, Tim and Fay Priddy, and Shelly Lassiter plus many other relatives and numerous friends.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

I did see that at the end of the last show.  It didn't say how he died, just that it was a tragic accident.

Cooter

Am a member of MWSC forum, and got this from there with respect to Flip.

GreenMachine

I think he might've died in a tornado. A week after the one in Moore that got all the media coverage, one went through that area. People panicked and clogged up the streets and highways for some reason. Some storm chasers died too.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

surmanajaja

on the 1st episode they aired there was a "dedicated to flip" ending. so this is not news.

on the forums where other guys from the show write, everyone says he has a history of depression and shot himself.

rest in peace.