News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wanted to know if anyone has used American Muscle Cars in Palatine, Il

Started by FamilyManWes, August 20, 2013, 02:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FamilyManWes

There is a muscle car dealer in Palatine, Il with a lot of mopars called American Muscle Cars.  Wanted to know if anyone has purchased anything from there or if its a good and honest shop.  Any help would be appreciated as I'm looking for my first Mopar and want a car I can have for a lifetime

John L

Wes,
No experience with the shop your asking about, but I would try very hard to stay away from the dealers. Figure out what kind of car you want, and how you intend to use it. Then take your time and find a private seller to buy from. The dealers add quite a markup.
The car my wife and I purchased was originally promised to a local dealer, they sent out a young kid to finalize the deal and he was low balling the owner. The owner finally got pissed and sent them packing. We got a call from the owner and a deal was done that afternoon. I really should send the dealer a "Thank you" note as the car we purchased is perfect for us.

John

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: FamilyManWes on August 20, 2013, 02:25:40 AM
There is a muscle car dealer in Palatine, Il with a lot of mopars called American Muscle Cars.  Wanted to know if anyone has purchased anything from there or if its a good and honest shop.  Any help would be appreciated as I'm looking for my first Mopar and want a car I can have for a lifetime

Google HLPAG  :Twocents:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PlainfieldCharger

I went there and felt something wrong and this is how I found this forum. Do a search hear on DC.com for HPLAG as they have changed their name many times.  :eek2: There are some who take advantage of the passion have for these cars and the newbie knowledge they don't have. ;)

69charger2002

I hate how companies can change names and fool people all over again. Search HLPAG.. By the way this new company has a "good" looking "low mileage" 69 on ebay for $22995, and it has not been clicked yet. Maybe the word has gotten out i'm sure that car is a terd in sheep's clothing
Travis
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

marshallfry01

Are you talking about this car? --->  http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1969_Dodge_Charger_203501925_14  I think its worth about $15,000-$18,000 if it is solid and has no bondo.  It sill needs a restoration though.  That's why I wouldn't pay 23k for it.  I see some rust under the vinyl top.  A good advantage on it is the low miles and the original 383 that comes with it.  Plus I love saddle tan interior and its an a/c floor shift car.  But that's just me.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

FamilyManWes

Thanks everyone for the heads up on hlpag, I'm new to the site and its nice to have the advice from the community.  I saw the red 69 Charger and thought it might be worth a look in person but felt there was something off with the dealer.  If anyone knows of a good place to look for Charger's in the Chicago area I would appreciate the advice as I don't see a lot of them for sale in the area except through these phony dealerships.

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 20, 2013, 02:13:31 PM
I hate how companies can change names and fool people all over again. Search HLPAG.. By the way this new company has a "good" looking "low mileage" 69 on ebay for $22995 on ebay, and it has not been clicked yet. Maybe the word has gotten out i'm sure that car is a terd in sheep's clothing
Travis
It is on Craigslist too! :o

DadsCharger00

I'm still working at getting better at this, but it looks like the rear quarters are full of bondo. Body lines look off to me. Also, I'd say it looks the the corners on the rear were smoothed out too....classic bondo.....

Iceyone

Their prices keep getting higher and higher but their workmanship continues to be crap. I remember looking at a green 69 RT at his place about 10 years ago. The car had sags in the new metalic paint job and missing lots of simple parts. Price then was $19K. He also had a C500 body that I looked at. I was afraid to touch that car as it was so rusty I was thinking that it might fall apart in a pile of rust and scrap metal. I was though that someone from this site actually bought the C500. I'd love to see any progress made on it.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal