News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona 4 sale XX29L9B400569

Started by 65post, May 12, 2012, 10:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 11, 2013, 11:33:37 AM
:ricky:
Think Larry said he shot the previous pic with his camera phone so the quality isn't as good and looks darker.
I have no doubt that the color is dead on in person  :yesnod:

:o :dance: looks awesome  :drool5:  .................. :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

it would be done by now if larry wasnt off riding ATV's   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on April 11, 2013, 02:23:27 PM
it would be done by now if larry wasnt off riding ATV's   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :nana:

do we need to talk about yer tranny?

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on April 11, 2013, 04:07:08 PM

do we need to talk about yer tranny?
i still dont have all the correct parts yet ,   moral never be one of the first people to do it . 
Especially if your not an engineer .   :icon_smile_big:

WINGIN IT

Wow, and not even giving Larry a chance to defend himself  :icon_smile_big:

Don't have the parts ay Stu?  Excuses, excuses...  :D

Actually Larry has been making great progress, I think whacky weather, and some "procrastination" by the owner have delayed things a little  :D, but I'll just blame it on a lack of parts like Stu does  :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 11, 2013, 04:49:35 PM
it would be done by now if larry wasnt off riding ATV's   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :nana:

Wow, and not even giving Larry a chance to defend himself  :icon_smile_big:

Don't have the parts ay Stu?  Excuses, excuses...  :D

Actually Larry has been making great progress, I think whacky weather, and some "procrastination" by the owner have delayed things a little  :D, but I'll just blame it on a lack of parts like Stu does  :lol:
parts are being fabbed and its kind of been a guessing game on my throw out bearing and how far out it need to throw
I should have just gone with the proven thing and gone the 5 speed where you just order the kit , the 6 speed is unknown territory . Oh and i'm in poor heath and doing it on my home garage floor

JB400

Stu, that just makes you the innovator. :2thumbs:  Or, the Guinea pig :lol:

hotrod98

Joe's car is now on the lift. Engine's going back in and then we will place the car on skates. We plan to wet sand and buff on Monday and start reassembly after that. We still have to paint the nose, scoops, valance and wing. Won't be long now. This color is really growing on all of us here at the shop. It really looks great out in the sunlight. I was never a big fan of Y2 but I've decided that it really is a beautiful color.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

hotrod98

The absolute hardest part about doing this car is the fact that it's not a full resto. The car was so solid and rust free that it didn't need to go on the rotisserie. This makes repainting a nightmare since you still have to protect the interior, etc. Underneath, all it needed was a little detailing. Joe decided that since we had the engine and k member out to paint the engine bay, we might as well clean up the engine and correct a few things. I'll post a pic of it later.
Other than the time to reinstall the interior had we gone full tilt resto, I think it actually took longer doing a partial resto. Maybe it just seems that way since we're so anxious to see the finished product.

Charles Addams

tan top

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 11, 2013, 10:54:22 PM
Joe's car is now on the lift. Engine's going back in and then we will place the car on skates. We plan to wet sand and buff on Monday and start reassembly after that. We still have to paint the nose, scoops, valance and wing. Won't be long now. This color is really growing on all of us here at the shop. It really looks great out in the sunlight. I was never a big fan of Y2 but I've decided that it really is a beautiful color.

nice    :drool5: :drool5: :'(   , looking forward to seeing more pictures & stuff
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WINGIN IT

Quote from: tan top on April 12, 2013, 06:10:21 AM

nice    :drool5: :drool5: :'(   , looking forward to seeing more pictures & stuff

Me too !   :icon_smile_big:
I think my favorite pic is this one , the paint looks so slick  :yesnod:

Mytur Binsdirti

it's almost as good as I could do.   ;)

hotrod98

Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 12, 2013, 09:27:32 AM

It's going to be ultra smooth and ultra deep once it's been wet sanded and buffed.
My guys installed the engine today. Looks good with the new rims. The P275's were definitely a good choice for the rear tires. Really fills up the wheel wells.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Charles Addams

Mytur Binsdirti

I believe the crank pulley should be black.

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  yes great choice for wheels and tires    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 13, 2013, 12:00:24 AM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on April 12, 2013, 09:27:32 AM

It's going to be ultra smooth and ultra deep once it's been wet sanded and buffed.
My guys installed the engine today. Looks good with the new rims. The P275's were definitely a good choice for the rear tires. Really fills up the wheel wells.
Looks great Larry !  :2thumbs:   I'm definitely happy with my wheel/tire choice.  :yesnod:

hotrod98

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 13, 2013, 03:57:23 AM
I believe the crank pulley should be black.

It was black at one point. Couldn't remember for sure but I thought the crank pulley was already on when they painted the engines. I have a couple of reference pics that show it orange. The problem is, you never know 100% if the pics are correct.
We keep over a thousand reference pics in the shop computer and as luck would have it, it crashed a couple of weeks ago. I bought a new computer but haven't been able to transfer the pics yet. It's driving us crazy having to look this stuff up as we go along.

Charles Addams

Beep Beep Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

DPL

I've been away for a while and wanted to see this car!?

Is to done yet?
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code