News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger R/T SE R6 V1W CRX V8W V21 & M51 Sunroof XS29L9B366061

Started by tan top, March 17, 2019, 07:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerperson

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on March 22, 2019, 08:12:21 PM
Quote from: Y1CHARGER on March 21, 2019, 02:29:34 PM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on March 20, 2019, 09:43:52 PM
Sad really.  Yes it is a real Yenko....

FWIW, the V21 on one of my cars is on top line also, but mine has no options in front of the V21.  I do not know those two options off my head without looking. Getting to midlife old.  Someone interested could study and figure out the two options in front of the V21 (B or P21 or whatever and V1W) and if they should be there.  Pretty freaky optioned car to just appear.  V21, nice colored RTSEs with tons of options would have likely some documented history, near cult followers and this cars history all stacks up not good it seems.  Not to mention what thread has documented above.  
option codes on the top line look to be ok, the "B or P21" is the radio code "R21" which would be correct right where it is along with the V1W before the V21, BUT the tag does have other issues that I think discussing just gives the owner opportunity to correct it, kind of a double edge sword, information for correctness is good to point out the fakes But gives the Fakers the info they need to make a better fake  :brickwall:

I do not disagree with the consensus of not pointing out the specific issues for reasons noted by others.  However some of us do want to learn more over time how to see the issues.  But for most of us more importantly ..... is not to buy a faked up car obviously.  And that is what the thread is doing which is really good.  Thank you to those who caught it and pointed it out.

...and ebay keeps the listing up despite receiving at least a few reports no doubt...

DAY CLONA

Quote from: chargerperson on March 22, 2019, 08:22:58 PM

...and ebay keeps the listing up despite receiving at least a few reports no doubt...

I don't think Ebay is too concerned about the views/opinions from the self anointed guardians of automobile correctness when it comes to the ethical nonsense of rebodies/VIN swaps, who knows, perhaps this vehicle was refurbished/repaired/rebodied with the blessings of the local DMV/LEO at the time? (that does happen) unless one is the future buyer it should not be anyone's concern other than the buyers, as it may not be a concern at all on their purchasing decision? IMHO

chargerperson

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 22, 2019, 08:47:41 PM

I don't think Ebay is too concerned about the views/opinions from the self anointed guardians of automobile correctness when it comes to the ethical nonsense of rebodies/VIN swaps, who knows, perhaps this vehicle was refurbished/repaired/rebodied with the blessings of the local DMV/LEO at the time? (that does happen) unless one is the future buyer it should not be anyone's concern other than the buyers, as it may not be a concern at all on their purchasing decision? IMHO

There is the issue of legality which you mention where there are certainly differing opinions.  But there is also the issue of a correct description for an item listed on their website.  "This is 1 of 23 R/T SE car made in 1969" is included as part of the listing. One might think ebay would like to have accurate listings, especially for more expense items.  That would be good for business if people could rely on the information in the listings.  Clearly  one cannot rely on the information presented.  Most anyone would independently verify but would also be good to know when inaccurate listings were pointed out, they would do something. 

Alaskan_TA

Responses that mention "I don't think'' typically prove that point, just like you just did.  :Twocents:

Lennard

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on March 22, 2019, 10:54:25 PM

Responses that mention "I don't think'' typically prove that point, just like you just did.  :Twocents:

There is one! :pity:

Challenger340

2 Camps here:
The first knows this Car is a re-Body, and that the original body that came from the factory with that VIN/Fender Tag)also a repop), etc., was destroyed and no longer exits, making this Car no more than a "re-creation" of an Original example. 
It would seem to me that this group of people back 20-25 years ago used to be the numerical predominant mindest,[/b in that most people deemed, or were of the opinion that re-bodied cars were FAKES !

Roll ahead 20-25 years
and we have what appears to me anyways, to be not just a growing acceptance of the practice of Re-Body'ing.... but indeed of the resulting Clones themselves ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

alfaitalia

Does not make it legal which ever way you look at it. And even if it might be in some places it certainly does not make is right or acceptable....especially as one day it WILL be passed of as the real deal to someone who does not know better.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 23, 2019, 08:32:07 AM
2 Camps here:
The first knows this Car is a re-Body, and that the original body that came from the factory with that VIN/Fender Tag)also a repop), etc., was destroyed and no longer exits, making this Car no more than a "re-creation" of an Original example. 
It would seem to me that this group of people back 20-25 years ago used to be the numerical predominant mindest,[/b in that most people deemed, or were of the opinion that re-bodied cars were FAKES !

Roll ahead 20-25 years
and we have what appears to me anyways, to be not just a growing acceptance of the practice of Re-Body'ing.... but indeed of the resulting Clones themselves ?

Exactly, look at how the Corvette crowd evolved from decades of Zero tolerance for created/resurrected Vettes, to "today", where cloned/resurrected/ VIN swapped/restamped drivelines/tags/etc/etc on Corvettes are the accepted norm in the hobby... Mopar guys (always late to the game) are where the Vette guys were 25-30+ yrs ago, eventually the Mopar crowd will be complacent and accepting of the practice....  :Twocents:

gtx6970

Ebay could care less than if its correct ,,,or not .
they actually HOPE it sells to get there fees

DAY CLONA

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 23, 2019, 01:11:51 PM
Ebay could care less than if its correct ,,,or not .
they actually HOPE it sells to get there fees

Agreed, Ebay would only possibly prompt a concern if someone could actually prove that the vehicle is/was stolen....as far as a bunch of  overzealous auto enthusiast blowin smoke and getting their collective panties in a bunch over a possible rebody, Ebay could give two shits... ;D

spoolinhard

Im surprised nobody has posted up that they contacted the FBI....