News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New to forum, new Daytona owner

Started by Q5XX29, August 22, 2013, 08:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

Hello everybody,

My name is Clint, and I just took delivery of the Q5 turquoise Daytona, the one restored by Charles Self and then owned by Ed Cook, Dave, Ryan, etc... I just wanted to say hello. It appears that my new treasure has really made the rounds over the years, with a number of owners and has been all over the country, but thankfully was taken excellent care of by each one. Well, this Q5 is now finally HOME. I don't think I've ever sold a car (daily drivers excepted), so I am not just blowing smoke about that. It has always been a dream of mine to own a Daytona. There are a couple of Superbirds in my town (Sioux Falls, SD), but I have never seen another Daytona here (certainly not another Q5   :icon_smile_big:).

Anyway, I have been a Mopar guy since I was a teenager, and restored my 1970 Charger 500 (dad is original owner) during college. That one is burnt orange with 383 Magnum. I have 3 sons and they are all absolutely car CRAZY already. I am working on the restoration of a 68 Charger 383 with my oldest son (14) right now, and next in line will be my 10 year-old and his 68 Dart 340.

I look forward to frequenting this forum and chatting with you. My boys are glad that I have gotten enthusiastic again about the Mopar muscle, because I have strayed the last several years (GT500s, Ford GT, and *gasp* Nissan Gt-Rs).
dakota_gt on Instagram

Baldwinvette77

looks like a hotwheels model collection, except real, beautiful cars, and welcome  :drool5:

hemi68charger

Wow !!! We've followed that Daytona many times and Ed frequents the board sometimes........ Nice looking Nest you have there......... A Daytona and a Ford GT in the same place? .......... Doesn't get much better............... Welcome.........

So, you are the newest DB...........

Will someone please eluded to what that is? I wanna spread the community practice....... I was one once myself........ <<< current V2 wing owner........

Cheers,
Troy :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

histoy

Welcome.  That's a beautiful car, and it looks like it will have a great home.

Mopar Nut

Welcome aboard, nice collection of cars.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

billssuperbird

charger Downunder

:2thumbs: Welcome a great lot of cars you have.
[/quote]

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70Sbird

Welcome to the forum Clint!
Quite a diverse collection there, congrats on the Daytona. More pictures of the rest of your heard would also be appreciated
Scott

Scott Faulkner

nascarxx29

Welcome to the board nice collection :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Highbanked Hauler

Welcome there man, great collection you have :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Mopar John

WELCOME! Congrats on working with the boys on your hobby!
MJ

FJ5WING

Welcome!

GREAT collection and an awesome garage! I cant wait to see more pics. :drool5:
wingless now, but still around.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

r4daytona

Welcome, great cars and garage.  Can I be your new best friend ??? :lol:

XXHEMI

Clint

Very nice collection. Good luck with the Daytona it's a good one!

Ed Cook

DaytonaJim

Welcome Clint, very nice car.  Some advice from an "Old" Daytona owner:  Rule number 1, Always remember there are 18 inches of nose hanging out front that you can't see from the drivers seat!
1969 Charger Daytona
1971 Challenger Convertible
1957 Chrysler New Yorker 2 dr ht
1957 Chrysler Windsor 2 dr ht
1941 Plymouth Business Coupe

petercharger

Nice shop a real man cave...cool convertible challenger...
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

myk

Congrats on the purchase.  BTW absolutely nothing else wrong with the other cars you mentioned...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Fred

Welcome to the forum. Love the mancave even more so, the cars in it.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

70moparman

That wing car is the nicest car you own   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  Nicely done sir   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Q5XX29

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, and for the nice comments. Looks like you all have some terrific machines and terrific collections, as well. Ed, cool to hear a former owner of the Q5 chime in- thanks for taking such good care of her. Hope to meet up with you someday.

As far as that garage, there is a lot more to it, and it is one of three "garages" in my house. When I get some time I can post some other pics for anybody interested. And for the purple Challenger convertible fan- thanks! It was on the cover of Mopar Muscle a while back:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/late_model/mopp_1008_2009_dodge_challenger_srt8_convertible_custom/

Clint
dakota_gt on Instagram

moparchris

WOW :o :o
What a set-up you have Clint.  Congratulations on not only the Daytona, but for setting an example to your sons on what hard work can accomplish.  As a high school guidance counselor, I see so many teenage boys with no drive and no goals.  Keep up the good work with your cars and your sons.

held1823

welcome aboard, clint. awesome looking garage, and a great daytona to have.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053