News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Hemi Daytona: Parts, Pieces, and Chunks...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, August 24, 2013, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 18, 2015, 12:44:26 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 18, 2015, 12:20:15 AM
why don't you just put some heavy duty casters on the skid and save yer money for something else?

my opinion, consider the source

1. The skid is a huge, rickety piece of crap.  :down:

2. The idea of saving money on this project went out the window a L-O-N-G time ago. :eek2:

;)

OK, well then try this

http://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com/1250-lbs-Engine-Stand-with-360-Rotatable-Head-P44466.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAiA-s6zBRDWudDL2Iic4QQSJAA4Od3X96vNFcHuVtXHctKGgB5KUdR0tLfApdylHjDTRQzMgxoCvtnw_wcB

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on December 18, 2015, 05:00:31 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 18, 2015, 12:44:26 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on December 18, 2015, 12:20:15 AM
why don't you just put some heavy duty casters on the skid and save yer money for something else?

my opinion, consider the source

1. The skid is a huge, rickety piece of crap.  :down:

2. The idea of saving money on this project went out the window a L-O-N-G time ago. :eek2:

;)

OK, well then try this

http://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com/1250-lbs-Engine-Stand-with-360-Rotatable-Head-P44466.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAiA-s6zBRDWudDL2Iic4QQSJAA4Od3X96vNFcHuVtXHctKGgB5KUdR0tLfApdylHjDTRQzMgxoCvtnw_wcB

That looks pretty good.  :scratchchin: :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 18, 2015, 10:27:09 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 17, 2015, 11:37:38 PM

Does anyone know of a good heavy duty engine stand, or cart I can buy for this thing ?  :shruggy:

Isn't that the "engine stand" that it's supposed to go in right behind it?  :yesnod:

Yes, that's the ultimate destination...

But I need a good, sturdy engine stand or cart to hold it while I install all the accessories and detail it out.  :coolgleamA:

Daytona R/T SE

I haven't touched the car in months...

When not working on the house,

Or going to my dead end, thankless job that I hate with every fiber of my being...

I've been slacking a lot lately.  :slap:

But...

Today I made the basic framework for my K-member/engine/transmission/front suspension assembly cart.

(Ignore the 2 X 4- it was just there for mock up...actual adjustable mounts to follow) ;)

Stevearino

Forward movement. This is good. That is what keeps me from focusing on my thankless job. So get crack-a-lackin'  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: We are all eager to see this beauty progress. :coolgleamA:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Stevearino on June 13, 2016, 04:03:44 PM
Forward movement. This is good. That is what keeps me from focusing on my thankless job. So get crack-a-lackin'  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: We are all eager to see this beauty progress. :coolgleamA:

Thanks.  :cheers:

I'm trying to get re-motivated. :coolgleamA:

Watching your progress has helped.  :2thumbs:

That damned kitchen remodel just about killed me. :brickwall:

Several times lately I've had to take a deep breath and count to ten to keep myself from giving one particular Jackass at my job the thorough pounding that he desperately needs.

:smash: :smash: :smash:

And...

The other day, the Ol' Lady mumbled something about new doors for the house.   ::)

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Stevearino

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 13, 2016, 04:20:32 PM

I'm trying to get re-motivated. :coolgleamA:

Watching your progress has helped.  :2thumbs:

That damned kitchen remodel just about killed me. :brickwall:

Several times lately I've had to take a deep breath and count to ten to keep myself from giving one particular Jackass at my job the thorough pounding that he desperately needs.

:smash: :smash: :smash:

And...

The other day, the Ol' Lady mumbled something about new doors for the house.   ::)

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I have been working on fixer upper houses for the past 38 years. I decided that since it doesn't seem like I will ever be finished that I would take some time to do my car project. Unfortunately the list of things needing done on the house are piling up now since this project has taken way longer than I first thought. Hopefully the house won't collapse before I am done with the car but I am not stopping now. I hope you can find some daylight to get back on your project. It deserves attention and from the sounds of it you need some "me time" to shake off that bad Ju Ju from the work world. :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Today I completed Phase 2 of my "K-member/engine/transmission/front suspension assembly cart".

I made it so that the rectangular tubes could be unbolted from each other, and used as outriggers for the cart my engine is sitting on.

This will allow me to roll the whole thing over the top of my lift so I can raise it up to a comfortable working height.

Stevearino

Clever stuff.    I see I am not the only one who hates bending over to do stuff. :yesnod:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Stevearino on June 20, 2016, 06:27:20 PM
Clever stuff.    I see I am not the only one who hates bending over to do stuff. :yesnod:

:cheers:

I have to get things up off the floor to work on them, especially since I'm 6' 4" and the floor seems to get further away every year. :eek2:

Daytona R/T SE

Hmmm...

The last time I posted in this thread was on June 20, 2016. :scratchchin:

Shortly after that date, the Bride of many decades decided she needed to test out our health insurance.  :eek2:

With the exception of buying/collecting more parts,

All progress on the car came to an abrupt stop.

After getting her health concerns all squared away (We hope)

We found and bought the RV we'd been looking for off and on for a couple of years:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,119741.0.html

While Doing some changes and maintenance to the RV, and planning our (now canceled for this year ) epic western road trip to Montana...

I developed my own health issues.

Now, after a month and a half off work, with the first four weeks or so basically laying flat on my back...

I'm able to get up and around and do a few things.

So, I've decided to work on a part of the car that isn't covered in expensive PPG B5 blue (I don't need the stress of working with newly painted parts right now :eek2:).

It's a project that I'm not even sure is going to work, but if it doesn't, it can all go back to stock, and the extra junk I've collected for it can go in the dumpster.

I thought some of you might be curious why there hasn't been any updates on my project recently.

Life gets in the way of the hobby sometimes.  :rotz:

But, I'm still in it.   ;)

I'll show you all what I'm working on in an upcoming post.

Daytona R/T SE

After installing the factory power sunroof in my car, I decided I needed a little extra head room.

I've owned several Imperials over the years, and have come to appreciate the benefits of an adjustable driver's position.

Early on in my project, I adapted a six way power seat setup out of an Imperial, this allows for a lot of seat adjustment, just like a modern car.

Head room issued fixed.  :2thumbs:

This leaves the steering column.  :scratchchin:

I want to install a tilt/telescopic column from an Imperial.

I know there are columns available from the aftermarket, but they're expensive, are usually billet aluminum or stainless  :puke: and none of them I've found have the telescopic feature.

I've been collecting this shit for years, so out to the archives I go to gather up some junk for this project...

Here I have couple of pre 1970 ( no ignition switch ) tilt/telescopic Imperial columns, the original column out of my Charger... and a $5.00 wood grain steering wheel to experiment with:

Daytona R/T SE

After cleaning up the splines, and polishing my shaft...

The Charger wood grain steering wheel went right on the Imperial column. ;D :laugh:

(Ignore the column mounted shift lever-it's leaving.)

This was my biggest concern, if the wheel didn't fit the splines, this project was going to get way more involved.

Daytona R/T SE

It telescopes.  :2thumbs:

It tilts.  :coolgleamA:

Stay tuned. ;)

Old Moparz

Awesome, I like the steering column idea & have always wanted one myself.   :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

cdr

Thats awesome, I have been wondering about a factory column like that, glad you & the Mrs. are doing better.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:   glad your at least puttering with it    :icon_smile_big:    hope all the health issues are behind you 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Daytona R/T SE

I worked on the steering column a little more today.

I took the mounting bracket off of the Imperial column, and test fitted the Charger mounting bracket. :scope:

The bracket from the Charger bolted right on.  :coolgleamA: