News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Differences between 440 Jensen Interceptor engine and Dodge 440??

Started by ChargerMad, February 28, 2006, 01:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerMad

Hi
Can anyone help, Jensen 440 up for grabs in the UK and i was just wondering what is the differences between the Dodge 440 and Jensens 440? Anyone out there knowledgable? They say the Jensen 440 was based on the Dodge. Are there any major differences, e.g. heads, camshaft. Basically im after a 68 Block and want to rebuild to Dodge HP spec. (906 heads etc.)

Thanks

Danny

Aero426

Quote from: ChargerMad on February 28, 2006, 01:08:21 PM
Hi
Can anyone help, Jensen 440 up for grabs in the UK and i was just wondering what is the differences between the Dodge 440 and Jensens 440? Anyone out there knowledgable? They say the Jensen 440 was based on the Dodge. Are there any major differences, e.g. heads, camshaft. Basically im after a 68 Block and want to rebuild to Dodge HP spec. (906 heads etc.)

Thanks

Danny

I wouldn't think there are any differences between the two.   I believe the Jensen IS the Chrysler engine, plaing and simple.  Not sure if it's the HP model though.

hemi68charger

Quote from: DougSchellinger on February 28, 2006, 01:15:27 PM
Quote from: ChargerMad on February 28, 2006, 01:08:21 PM
Hi

Thanks

Danny

I wouldn't think there are any differences between the two.   I believe the Jensen IS the Chrysler engine, plaing and simple.  Not sure if it's the HP model though.

:iagree:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Shakey

Sorry I can't answer whether or not they're the exact same engine or not but I did look around a bit and now I know that Jensen also offered the 440 six pack in the Interceptor SP.

Jon Smith

I think they used the high performance motors, they didn't have the same emissions laws to conform to
if you're going to rebuild it anyway it shouldn't make any difference

Shakey

greenpigs

From what I remember reading it was a HP motor and built no different than what was here in the USA, though I think the oil pan may custom for the car.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Jon Smith

and they have remote oil filters, you can see it on the pic above

Ghoste

My cousin rebuilt one for a guy and he just used regular Dodge parts and built it to Dodge specs so it can't be too different.

6pkrunner

Same engine. And you could also get the 6pack/barrel in the Jensen. And you could still get the 440 six pack in the Jensen in 1972 when Ma stopped here.

Brock Samson